The STEP Diploma in International Trust Management is recognised worldwide as the benchmark qualification for those working in the international trusts industry. The course is designed to develop and enhance your understanding of how trusts, companies and related structures are created, managed, regulated and operated as asset-holding vehicles for investments and related activities.
The Diploma programme comprises of 4 standalone STEP Advanced Certificate courses that together cover the curriculum of the STEP Diploma in International Trust Management. The four papers which comprise this Diploma are:
- Diploma 1: Advanced Certificate in Trust Law and Practice (International) – enrol
by 18 February 2022 – Tuition 13-16 June 2022 – Exam 17 June 2022
- Diploma 2: Advanced Certificate in Company Law and Practice – enrol by 22 April 2021 – Tuition 22 to 25 August 2022 – Exam 26 August 2022
- Diploma 3: Advanced Certificate in Trustees’ Duties: Investment and Management of the Trust Fund – enrol by 20 May 2022 – Tuition 12 to 15 September 2022 - Exam 16 September 2022
- Diploma 4: Advanced Certificate in Principles of International Taxation, AML and Compliance – enrol by 11 March 2022 – Tuition 11-14 July 2022 -Exam 15 July 2022
This programme has been designed for practitioners involved in international trust administration and management.
The Diploma programme consists of four Advanced Certificates and will:
- Increase your knowledge of all aspects of the international trust profession including the vehicles, legal structures, principles and practices underpinning it
- Provide an overview of the legislation, principles and practice in your local jurisdiction
- Enhance your career with a qualification that is recognised by those working in the trust industry
- Enhance your ability to give holistic advice to clients as a trusted advisor
- Distinguish you and your firm from the competition
The programme will be delivered through CLTI’s online learning platform with four days of locally taught face-to-face tuition. Each Advanced Certificate will take four to six months to complete.
Each Advanced Certificate is assessed via a three-hour, closed-book examination and we recommend that you spend between 4-6 hours each week on personal study for the four to six months prior to the examination.
Once you successfully complete the Diploma, you will gain the full 120 Diploma Level credits towards STEP membership.