The programme is designed to enable practitioners in the industry to develop a deep and critical understanding of the global regulatory framework in which the private wealth industry operates.
This course can be taken as a standalone qualification or as part of the STEP Diploma in International Trust Management.
The course is designed for practitioners involved in the international trust industry who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principles of risk management, international taxation, AML and compliance.
Students of this course typically include:
- Trust Assistants/Officers/Administrators
- Trust Managers (Senior)
- Corporate Administrators
- Wealth Managers
- Tax Advisors
- Compliance Officers/Managers
- Private Bankers
- Client Relations/Marketing/Sales
- Financial/Estate Planners
Following this course you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the principles of international tax law
- Understand and apply the principles of taxation of trusts.
- Understand the regulation of professional service providers and financial services (example regulatory models, the role of international compliance bodies, emerging regulatory standards and requirements assessing and mitigating compliance risk) and critically apply those to practical situations
- Understand compliance for company management businesses (transparency and information sharing) and apply the principles to practical situations
- Understand and critically apply the principles of fair taxation and other transparency initiatives such as Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS); Economic Substance, Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes (DOTAS), Beneficial Ownership Registers (BOR), Trust Registers, Legal Entity Identifiers (LEI)).
- Critically understand and apply the principles of risk and risk management: What is risk, analysing potential risks, types of risk, risks specific to the financial services industry, strategies for managing risks (frameworks, policies, procedures and practices), risk management plans, monitoring risk management activities, reporting risks and risk review.
The STEP Advanced Certificate in the Principles of International Taxation, AML and Compliance forms part of the STEP Diploma in International Trust Management combined with three additional STEP Advanced Certificates.
This course is available for study all year round, with intakes at different points throughout the year (depending on your location).The core programme is delivered through a blend of distance-learning and four virtual workshops as part of a revision-week series delivered online by experts in the field who possess vast amounts of professional experience and practical knowledge. Thanks to the online delivery, you can take this course from anywhere.
It is recommended that you spend four to six hours per week on private study for the duration of this course.
Course enrolment closing date: 22 April 2024
Tuition: 19-22 August 2024
Exam date: 23 August 2024
Enrolment onto this course will provide access to an online learning platform that contains:
- Bespoke soft copy course manual
- Supplementary resource material, including over 50 company-related documents
- Self-assessment material
- Distance learning support
- Four days of online tuition
- Examination fees.
The STEP Advanced Certificate in Principles of International Taxation, AML and Compliance, forms part of the STEP Diploma in International Trust Management which is recognised worldwide as the benchmark qualification for those working in the international trusts industry.
- Ideal for practitioners looking for professional accreditation.
- A recognised “gold-standard” professional qualification for those working in the industry, globally recognised by employers, regulators, clients and professionals.
- This course is subject to the rigorous quality assurance procedures of Manchester Business School, a Faculty of the University of Manchester.
- Can be taken as a standalone qualification or as part of the STEP Diploma in International Trust Management.
- Blended delivery, written and taught by practitioners focusing on everyday matters encountered and issues to be aware of in relation to risk, international taxation, AML and compliance.
- Provides students with the ability to grow their own professional network, interact with students online from a range of professions, build relationships and share study tips/support as a cohort.
Successful completion of the course will award you with 30 Diploma-Level credits towards STEP membership.
The course is assessed by way of a five-hour open-book written examination.The questions will be drawn from across the syllabus and candidates must achieve 50% in order to pass the Advanced Certificate.
Additional charges will apply for re-sit attempts and deferrals.
Applicants must have obtained 60 STEP Entry-Level credits to enrol onto this course or be a member of STEP. Visit STEP’s Qualification and Membership Framework to understand how to apply.