This course will provide you with a practical overview of themes that are commonly encountered, in order for professionals to anticipate and head off problems, thus hopefully reducing the risk of litigation, as well as providing guidance if and when proceedings are necessary.
This course has been designed for all professionals involved in the creation and administration of trusts.
Students of this course typically include:
- Trust Officers/Administrators
- Trust Managers
- Corp[orate Administrators
- Wealth Managers
- Financial/Estate Planners
- Tax Advisors
- Compliance Officers/Managers
- Secretarial/Administration professionals
- Client Relations/Marketing/Sales professionals
- The course has been designed and written by a leading trusts litigator, Toby Graham – Farrer & Co. Toby has extensive experience of trust and estates disputes in both England and Wales and offshore jurisdictions.
- The course focuses on English law but also draws on case law from other leading trust jurisdictions.
- Provides students with the ability to grow their own professional network, interact with students online from a range of professions, build relationships and share study tips/support as a cohort.
- Provides 30 Diploma-Level credits towards STEP membership.
Course price: £695 (£645 STEP discounted fee).
Following this course you will be able to:
- Describe the recurrent themes and key principles that often arise in trust disputes and anticipate the different causes of trust disputes.
- Identify appropriate measures to protect the interests of relevant parties threatened by a looming trust dispute.
- Identify appropriate action to prevent trust litigation from unfolding.
- Explain how to protect the interests of relevant parties after litigation has commenced.
- Understand the litigation process including the issues to consider in cross border litigation.
- Identify the potential risks involved in creation and administration of trusts and how to manage those risks.
Next course start date: 16 January 2023
Assignment submission date: 12 May 2023
The Step Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes will enhance your understanding of how disputes occur and how they can be avoided. It will give you an extensive overview of the various permutations involved in trust disputes.
The course is assessed by way of an end of course written assignment based on a published case study. The case study will be published on the course start date. Candidates will produce a written assignment of between 3,500 and 4,000 words to address the questions contained within the case study. Candidates must achieve 50% in order to pass the Advanced Certificate.
Once you have successfully completed, you will gain 30 Diploma Level credits towards STEP membership and be awarded the STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes.
Applicants must have obtained 60 STEP Entry-Level credits to enrol onto this course or be a member of STEP. Visit STEP’s Qualification and Membership Framework to understand how to apply.