Officially launched in 1999, ‘Managing Successful Programmes’ (MSP®) is a guide that provides and maintains a strategic view over a set of projects, aligning and co-ordinating them within a programme of business change in support of specific business strategies.
SPOCE’s self- study products aim to provide you with a straightforward route to becoming a fully certificated Registered Practitioner in your own time and at your own pace.
The MSP course content will include:
- MSP® introduction and overview
- MSP® framework and concepts
- Identifying a programme
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Defining a programme
- Planning and control
- Benefits realisation management
- Organisation and the programme office
- The business case
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Managing the tranches
- Delivering the capability and realising the benefits
- Quality management
- Risk management and issue resolution
This course includes:
- 12 modules with associated interactive lessons
- Video presentations for each lesson
- Notes to support each lesson and references to the MSP® manual
- Module level foundation and practitioner tests directly aligned to the MSP® syllabus covered
- Online support forums and chat (online)
- MSP® Foundation and Practitioner exam simulations with feedback.
- Interactive exercises to consolidate the learning
- Extensive exam approaches module to support the "objective testing" Practitioner exam
- Progress reporting facility
How long should I study for?
To complete the introduction level competency, we recommend about 5 hours for learning and reflection, 20 hours for Foundation level and about 30 hours (cumulative) for Practitioner level study and qualification. Depending on other commitments, you will require anything from 2 weeks to 6 months to complete this course.
Purchasing this product provides you with a license to use MSP® Passport for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase. During this period the product is supported to ensure that the content is consistent with the method syllabus. The e-Learning platform and exams are valid for 6 months from the date of the initial purchase.
Attending the MSP® Foundation & Practitioner course will provide you with an understanding of the benefits and principles underlying a structured approach to programme management. It will enable you to apply the principles of MSP® to a programme within a work environment and it will help you operate effectively with colleagues and managers within a structured programme and project management environment. You will better understand the MSP® framework and be prepared to sit the APM Group MSP® Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Why Passport self-study?
- It provides flexibility for those wishing to study at a time, pace and place convenient to them
- A flexible choice of different options and packages is available (Introduction, Practitioner, exam bundles, online/classroom exams)
- A cost-effective solution for both individuals and organisations
- People who study using Passport products achieve a higher score in the Foundation exam
- Browser-based online software gives you the freedom to access it 24/7 from any location in the world, using a variety of devices.
Please follow the link to the online course platform where you can see a short demo MSP® demo.
You can take your MSP® Foundation and Practitioner exams online. This exam option is available using your own webcam and microphone (valid ID required) and allows you to take the exam in the comfort of your own home at a convenient time without the need for a physical invigilator. It is ideal for candidates who may not have access to exam centres or those who may not be able to get to an exam centre.
Please note a minimum of 3 weeks’ notice is normally applicable to arrange online exams. To book your Foundation exam and/or Practitioner exam please contact us directly on [email protected]
- MSP® Foundation Exam - £299
- MSP® Practitioner Exam - £399
- MSP® Manual - £65 (Optional for Foundation and recommended for Practitioner)
If you would like to purchase the manual for the course please contact us at the GTA on [email protected]
This is an online course which you take from the comfort of your home or on your work computer. Your PC/laptop will need the following:
- Access is via your standards-compliant web browser and weblink
- PC/Tablet running Win10, 8 or 7 with Chrome, Firefox or IE11/Edge
- AppleMac with Chrome, Firefox or Safari
- Ubuntu/Mandriva Linux with Firefox
- PDF Reader
- Broadband web connectivity
- 1024 x 768 min. display (touch optional)
- Speakers / Headphones
All Passport courses are compatible with laptops, desktops, android tablets, iPads and mobile devices.
If you are interested in taking the course online, please register your interest through the ‘Register Interest’ button on the right hand side of this page, and we will contact you with the information you need to start your on-line training journey.