The BCS Business Analysis Passport provides you with a straightforward (self-paced) route to a business analysis qualification and is a well acclaimed and accredited e-Learning programme. It is designed for people who want to understand business analysis, support change and improve business processes, and is suitable for business analysts, business managers and members of their team, business change managers and project managers.
The BCS Business Analysis Passport contains the following learning modules for Foundation level study and qualification and this e-Learning package is available as a web based learning application with 24/7 online access:
- Session 1 - Introduction/What is Business Analysis
- Session 2 – The Competencies of a Business Analyst
- Session 3 – Strategy Analysis
- Session 4 – The Business Analysis Process Model
- Session 5 – Investigation Techniques
- Session 6 – Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- Session 7 – Modelling Business Systems
- Session 8 – Modelling Business Processes
- Session 9 – Gathering the Requirements
- Session 10 - Documenting and Managing Requirements
- Session 11 - Modelling Requirements
- Session 12 – Delivering the Requirements
- Session 13 – Making a Business and Financial Case
- Session 14 – Implementing Business Change
How long should I study for?
To complete the introduction level competency, we recommend about 5 hours for learning and reflection plus 20 hours for Foundation level study and qualification. Depending on other commitments, you will require anything from 2 weeks to 6 months to complete this course.
Purchasing this product provides you with a license to use the BCS Business Analysis Passport for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase. During this period the product is supported to ensure that the content is consistent with the method syllabus.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe how a business strategy is developed
- Use strategic analysis techniques
- Describe the need for project discipline
- Explain techniques to investigate an organisation's business systems
- Describe an approach to improving business systems
- Explain the importance of stakeholder management and use a stakeholder analysis technique
- Use techniques for the analysis and modelling of business systems
- Describe how recommendations for business improvement may be identified
- Describe the contents of a rigorous business case for the development and implementation of business changes
- Identify costs, benefits, impacts and risks for an option in a business case
Why Passport self-study?
- It provides flexibility for those wishing to study at a time, pace and place convenient to them
- A flexible choice of different options and packages is available (Introduction, Practitioner, exam bundles, online/classroom exams)
- A cost-effective solution for both individuals and organisations
- People who study using Passport products achieve a higher score in the Foundation exam
- Browser-based online software gives you the freedom to access it 24/7 from any location in the world, using a variety of devices
The BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, fosters links between experts from industry, academia and business to promote new thinking, education and knowledge sharing. The Institute offers continuing professional development and a series of respected IT qualifications, many of which are available locally through the GTA. The BCS Guernsey Section also run regular seminars and other learning events.
Please follow the link to the online course platform where you can see a short demo BCS Foundation Certificate Business Analysis demo.
The BCS Business Analysis Foundation exam is taken online. This exam option is available using your own webcam and microphone (valid ID required) and allows you to take the exam in the comfort of your own home at a convenient time without the need for a physical invigilator.
It is ideal for candidates who may not have access to exam centres or those who may not be able to get to an exam centre.
The exam is a one hour closed book exam with 40 multiple choice questions.
Please note a minimum of 3 weeks’ notice is normally applicable to arrange online exams. To book your Foundation exam please contact us directly on [email protected]
BCS Business Analysis Exam - £350
There are no pre-requisites for this product, although experience in a programme or project environment would be beneficial.
This is an online course which you take from the comfort of your home or on your work computer. Your PC/laptop will need the following:
- Access via your standards-compliant web browser and weblink
- PC/Tablet running Win10, 8 or 7 with Chrome, Firefox or IE11/Edge
- AppleMac with Chrome, Firefox or Safari
- Ubuntu/Mandriva Linux with Firefox
- PDF Reader
- Broadband web connectivity
- 1024 x 768 min. display (touch optional)
- Speakers / Headphones
All Passport courses are compatible with laptops, desktops, android tablets, iPads and mobile devices.
If you are interested in taking the course online, please register your interest through the ‘Register Interest’ button on the right hand side of this page, and we will contact you with the information you need to start your on-line training journey.