PRINCE2® is a process-based method for effective project management, that will give you the skills to feel confident in managing projects successfully within the workplace and provide you with greater control of resources and the ability to manage business and project risk in an effective manner. It provides an integrated framework of processes and themes which address the planning, delegation, monitoring and control of the six variables involved in any project, those of Costs, Timescales, Quality, Scope, Risk and Benefits. PRINCE2® is an acronym of Projects In Controlled Environments.
This five day course covers the PRINCE2® Foundation and PRINCE2® Practitioner syllabus, including the following topics:
- Structured approach to managing projects
- The process-based approach
- Business case
- Practical work
The course includes:
- 12 modules with associated interactive and video presented lessons
- Notes to support each lesson and references to the PRINCE2® manual
- Module level exam simulation directly aligned to the PRINCE2® syllabus
- Online support, forums, chat and progress reports PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner exam simulations
- Interactive exercises to consolidate the learning
- Extensive exam approaches module to support the "Objective Testing" Practitioner exam
How long should I study for?
To complete the Introduction level competency, we recommend about 5 hours for learning and reflection. 20 hours for Foundation level and about 30 hours (cumulative) for Practitioner level study and qualification. This study will be a mixture of computer-based training using the e-Learning, reference to the MSP® manual and other support documents and completion of the practical tasks and tests. Depending on other commitments, you will require anything from 2 weeks to 6 months to complete this learning.
Purchasing this product provides you with a license to use PRINCE2® Passport for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase. During this period the product is supported to ensure that the content is consistent with the method syllabus. The e-Learning and Practitioner Exams are valid for 6 months from the date of the initial purchase.
PRINCE2® methodology is one of the most widely accepted methods for managing projects worldwide. It isolates the management aspects of project work from the specialist contributions, such as design, construction etc. which are easily integrated with the PRINCE2® project management method. This provides a secure framework for any type of project across multiple areas of business activity such as business change, construction, IT, mergers and acquisitions, research and product development.
There are many benefits of using PRINCE2® project management, primarily it:
- Ensures project management is focused on the continuing viability of the project in relation to its business case
- Involves senior management in the project at the right time and in the right place
- Focuses on products which provides clarity for all parties involved on what the project must deliver
- Facilitates controls at all levels
- Makes the project's progress more visible to management
- Provides a communication medium for all project staff
- Ensures that work progresses in the correct sequence
- Allows the project to be stopped and, if required, re-started completely under management control, at any time
- Has a well-established 'User Group' dedicated to the support, promotion and strengthening of the method
Why Passport self-study?
- It provides flexibility for those wishing to study at a time, pace and place convenient to them
- A flexible choice of different options and packages is available (Introduction, Practitioner, exam bundles, online/classroom exams)
- A cost-effective solution for both individuals and organisations
- People who study using Passport products achieve a higher score in the Foundation exam
- Browser-based online software gives you the freedom to access it 24/7 from any location in the world, using a variety of devices.
Please follow the link to the online course platform where you can see a short demo PRINCE2® Passport demo.
PRINCE2® Passport is accredited by the PeopleCert to support self-study distance learning for the PRINCE2®. These self-study products aim to provide you with a straightforward route to becoming a fully certificated Registered Practitioner in your own time and at your own pace.
You can take your PRINCE2® Foundation and/or Practitioner exam online. This exam option is available using your own webcam and microphone (Valid ID required) and allows you to take the exam in the comfort of your own home at a convenient time without the need for a physical invigilator. It is ideal for candidates who may not have access to exam centres or those who may not be able to get to an exam centre.
Please note a minimum of 3 weeks’ notice is normally applicable to arrange online exams. To book your Foundation exam and/or Practitioner exam please contact us directly on [email protected].
- PRINCE2® Project Management - Introduction + Foundation + Exam = £895.00
- PRINCE2® Project Management - Introduction + Practitioner + Exam = £795.00
- PRINCE2® Project Management - Introduction + Foundation + Practitioner + Exams = £1,495.00
If you would like to purchase the manual for the course please contact us at the GTA on [email protected]
This is an online course which you take from the comfort of your home or on your work computer. Your PC/laptop will need the following:
- Access is via your standards-compliant web browser and weblink
- PC/Tablet running Win10, 8 or 7 with Chrome, Firefox or IE11/Edge
- AppleMac with Chrome, Firefox or Safari
- Ubuntu/Mandriva Linux with Firefox
- PDF Reader
- Broadband web connectivity
- 1024 x 768 min. display (touch optional)
- Speakers / Headphones
All Passport courses are compatible with laptops, desktops, android tablets, iPads and mobile devices.
If you are interested in taking the course online, please register your interest through the ‘Register Interest’ button on the right hand side of this page, and we will contact you with the information you need to start your on-line training journey.