The ITIL® Passport e-Learning Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management provides comprehensive first level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services, as well as individuals requiring an insight into Service Management best practice.
SPOCE’s self-study products aim to provide you with a straightforward route to becoming a fully certificated professional in your own time and at your own pace.
The ITIL Foundation course will cover the following:
1. Understand the key concepts of service management
- 1.2 Describe the key concepts of creating value
- 1.3 Describe the key concepts of service relationships
2. Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- 2.1 Describe the nature, use and interaction of the guiding principles
- 2.2 Explain the use of the guiding principles
3. Understand the four dimensions of service management
- 3.1 Describe the four dimensions of service management:
4. Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- 4.1 Describe the ITIL service value system
5. Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- 5.1 Describe the interconnected nature of the service value chain and how this supports value streams
- 5.2 Describe the inputs, outputs and purpose of each value chain activity
6. Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL practices
- 6.2 Recall definitions of the ITIL terms
7. Understand 7 ITIL practices
- 7.1 Explain the ITIL practices in detail, including how they fit within the service value chain
This course includes:
- 9 modules with associated interactive and video presented lessons
- Notes to support each lesson to consolidate the learning
- Module level exam simulation directly aligned to the ITIL® syllabus
- Online support, forums, chat and progress reports
- Interactive exercises to assist with knowledge retention
How long should I study for?
To complete the Introduction level, we recommend about 5 hours for learning and reflection. Foundation level requires approximately 20 hours of study. This study will be a mixture of computer-based training using the e-Learning platform, reference to the support documents (provided within the product), and completion of the tasks and tests. Depending on other commitments, you will require anything from 2 weeks to 6 months to complete this learning.
Purchasing this product provides you with a license to use ITIL® Passport for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase. During this period the product is supported to ensure that the content is consistent with the method syllabus. The e-Learning and Foundation exam are valid for 6 months from the date of the initial purchase.
At the end of the ITIL Foundation course, you will have an understanding of the following:
- The seven guiding principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL’s new service value chain
- The four dimensions of service management
- The 34 ITIL practices, with a focus on 15 of these
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and Organizational Change Management, and why these are important to deliver business value
Why Passport self-study?
- It provides flexibility for those wishing to study at a time, pace and place convenient to them
- A flexible choice of different options and packages is available (Introduction, Practitioner, exam bundles, online/classroom exams)
- A cost-effective solution for both individuals and organisations
- People who study using Passport products achieve a higher score in the Foundation exam
- Browser-based online software gives you the freedom to access it 24/7 from any location in the world, using a variety of devices.
ITIL® Passport is accredited by the PeopleCert to support self- study computer-based e-learning for the ITIL® Foundation exam.
You can take your ITIL Foundation exam online. This exam option is available using your own webcam and microphone (valid ID required) and allows you to take the exam in the comfort of your own home at a convenient time without the need for a physical invigilator. It is ideal for candidates who may not have access to exam centres or those who may not be able to get to an exam centre.
The Foundation exam is a 1 hour, closed book exam with 40 multiple choice questions.
Please note a minimum of 3 weeks’ notice is normally applicable to arrange online exams. To book your Foundation exam please contact us directly on [email protected].
This is an online course which you take from the comfort of your home or on your work computer. Your PC/laptop will need the following:
- Access is via your standards-compliant web browser and weblink
- PC/Tablet running Win10, 8 or 7 with Chrome, Firefox or IE11/Edge
- AppleMac with Chrome, Firefox or Safari
- Ubuntu/Mandriva Linux with Firefox
- PDF Reader
- Broadband web connectivity
- 1024 x 768 min. display (touch optional)
- Speakers / Headphones
All Passport courses are compatible with laptops, desktops, android tablets, iPads and mobile devices.
If you are interested in taking the course online, please register your interest through the ‘Register Interest’ button on the right hand side of this page, and we will contact you with the information you need to start your on-line training journey.