This course covers the AgilePM® certification by APMG and the DSDM Consortium that has been created to sit alongside PRINCE2® as an approach to project management. The course is equally divided between the theory of the new wave of agile project management and the practical experience of the techniques and disciplines involved.
AgilePM® covers the certification by APMG and the DSDM Consortium and the scheme aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be agile.
This two-day course has been re-structured to suit the v2 handbook and covers the Agile Foundation syllabus, including the following topics:
- Choosing the right Agile approach
- Philosophy, principles and project variables
- Preparing for success
- The DSDM process
- The people - DSDM roles and responsibilities
- Key practices - MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- Planning and control throughout the lifecycle
- Facilitated workshops
- Modelling and iterative development
- People, teams and interactions
Delegates are required to spend approximately 10 hours studying pre-course materials in order to be well prepared for the course.
- You will gain a practical understanding of Agile Project Management which is based on the internationally recognised framework of DSDM Atern.
- You will become immediately productive as a project manager in an agile project environment
- You will learn the difference between simple lightweight agile approaches which typically operate at the solution delivery (or ‘work package’) level and the greater holistic view of how multiple work streams are co-ordinated with the appropriate level of governance and control
The course fee includes the AgilePM® Foundation exam fees and course materials including a copy of the Agile Project Management Handbook v2.
The AgilePM® Foundation exam is taken at the end of the course and is a 40 minute, closed book, multiple choice format exam of 50 questions. The required pass mark is 50% (25/50).
Exam only option;
- Foundation Exam £359.00
There are no pre-requisites for the AgilePM® foundation examination.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.
From date of acknowledgement by the GTA, the cancellation charges are:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 20% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 100% of the full fees
Transferring to an alternative course within 4 weeks of the original course start date will incur the following charges:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No Charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 10% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 25% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
PLEASE NOTE: CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER REQUESTS
Any cancellation and course transfer requests must be made either in writing or by e-mail to the course administrator, the GTA.