The 5-day Foundation & Practitioner course incorporates the 3-day Foundation course and includes both the Foundation and Practitioner exams. PRINCE2® 2017 is the method used for planning and managing pro-jects in the public and private sectors and is universally accepted as the best practice project management course. It is for those working in the area of project management who are responsible for the co-ordination of any size and type of project, in any environment.
The PRINCE2 Foundation course is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by a PeopleCert approved trainer with practical experience of project management.
SPOCE's highly acclaimed online event preparation is available to everyone attending this event. You should spend approximately 5-10 hours studying the pre-course material in order to be well prepared for the course.
Due to the intense nature of this PRINCE2 Foundation course, you should plan to commit approximately 1 hour each evening during the course for study and review.
SPOCE's flexible approach to the management of the course means that you can choose to continue on the course for a further two days to complete the Practitioner level, or return at a later date to complete this and the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam if you so wish.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Structured Approach to Managing Projects
- The Process-based Approach
- Business Case
- Practical Work
The syllabus for PRINCE2® was updated in 2017, which was the first major update to PRINCE2 since 2009. As of December 2017 all PRINCE2 courses offered by the GTA have been taught off the 2017 syllabus. If you have any questions about these changes please read this PRINCE2 Update FAQ document in the first instance.
Please remember to bring your manual with you for the course.
Virtual Learning (Option)
This course is also available virtually through the GTA, tutor led in real time but with the benefit of accessing it from the comfort of your office or your own home and these courses run regularly. The length of the course and the content are exactly the same as with the classroom option.
Please email us on [email protected] if you would like to receive the cost, which can vary, depending on available dates for your chosen professional qualification.
There are many benefits of using PRINCE2® project management, primarily it:
- Ensures project management is focused on the continuing viability of the project in relation to its Business Case
- Involves senior management in the project at the right time and in the right place
- Focuses on products which provides clarity for all parties involved on what the project must deliver
- Facilitates controls at all levels
- Makes the project's progress more visible to management
- Provides a communication medium for all project staff
- Ensures that work progresses in the correct sequence
- Allows the project to be stopped and, if required, re-started completely under management control, at any time
- Has a well-established 'User Group' dedicated to the support, promotion and strengthening of the method
- Prepares you for your PRINCE2 foundation exam and PRINCE2 practitioner exam
You will take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam at the end of day 3 and the Prince2 Practitioner Exam on the afternoon of day 5.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Exam: 1 hour, closed book, consisting of 60 multiple choice questions.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam: 2½ hours, open book (PRINCE2 manual only) consisting of 68 objective test questions.
To maintain your PRINCE2 Practitioner Qualification you will need to resit your PRINCE2 Practitioner exam within 3 years of passing your original examination or remain ac-credited under the AXELOS PRINCE2 Membership Scheme.
Successful candidates who achieve their Prince2 Practitioner certification by passing the Prince2 Foundation exam and the Prince2 Practitioner exam will be entered into the Prince2 Practitioner Register (Successful Candidate Register).
Please remember to bring your manual with you for the course and the open book practitioner exam.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 244570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.
From date of acknowledgement by the GTA, the cancellation charges are:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 20% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 100% of the full fees
Transferring to an alternative course within 3 weeks of the original course start date will incur the following charges:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No Charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 10% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 25% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
PLEASE NOTE: CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER REQUESTS
Any cancellation and course transfer requests must be made either in writing or by e-mail to the course administrator, the GTA.