The course is aimed at Project Managers who are either adding to their knowledge of traditional approaches such as PRINCE2® or who are operating in an agile environment and need to be able to run projects in more complex and scalable situations.
It covers the AgilePM® certification by APMG and the DSDM Consortium that has been created to sit alongside PRINCE2® as an approach to project management. The course is equally divided between the theory of the new wave of agile project management and the practical experience of the techniques and disciplines involved.
This two-day course has been re-structured to suit the v2 handbook and covers the Agile Practitioner syllabus, including the following topics:
- The fundamentals and the philosophy
- The principles
- The lifecycle and products
- Team structures
- Roles and responsibilities
- MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- Lifecycle configuration
- Estimation and measurement
- Quality and maintainability
- Planning, control and risk
- Implementing Agile project management
Virtual Learning (Option)
This course is also available virtually through the GTA, tutor led in real time but with the benefit of accessing it from the comfort of your office or your own home and these courses run regularly. The length of the course and the content are exactly the same as with the classroom option.
Please email us on [email protected] if you would like to receive the cost, which can vary, depending on available dates for your chosen professional qualification.
- You will gain a practical understanding of Agile Project Management which is based on the internationally recognised framework of DSDM Atern
- You will become immediately productive as a project manager in an agile project environment
- You will learn the difference between simple lightweight agile approaches which typically operate at the solution delivery (or ‘work package’) level and the greater holistic view of how multiple work streams are co-ordinated with the appropriate level of governance and control
- You will be prepared for the Practitioner exam
The course fee includes the AgilePM® Practitioner exam fees and course materials. A copy of the Agile Project Management Handbook v2 is not included so please bring your own copy from the Foundation course. If you no longer have it then please contact us for purchase options.
The AgilePM® Practitioner exam is taken at the end of the course and is a 2.5 hour, open book (AgilePM® Handbook v2 only) objective type exam format with 4 questions. There are 20 marks per question and the required pass mark is 50% (40/80).
Please therefore remember to bring your Handbook/Manual with you for the course and the open book practitioner exam.
- Exam only option;
- Practitioner Exam £459.00
You need to have completed the AgilePM® Foundation course and passed the Foundation exam.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.
From date of acknowledgement by the GTA, the cancellation charges are:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 20% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 100% of the full fees
Transferring to an alternative course within 4 weeks of the original course start date will incur the following charges:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No Charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 10% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 25% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
PLEASE NOTE: CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER REQUESTS
Any cancellation and course transfer requests must be made either in writing or by e-mail to the course administrator, the GTA.