PRINCE2® 2017 is the method used for planning and managing projects in the public and private sectors. The PRINCE2 Foundation 2017 method is used for a wide variety and size of projects and PRINCE2® is universally accepted as best practice project management.
The PRINCE2 Foundation course is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by a PeopleCert approved trainer with practical experience of project management.
SPOCE's highly acclaimed online event preparation is available to everyone attending this event. You should spend approximately 5-10 hours studying the pre-course material in order to be well prepared for the course.
Due to the intense nature of this PRINCE2 Foundation course, you should plan to commit approximately 1 hour each evening during the course for study and review.
SPOCE's flexible approach to the management of the course means that you can choose to continue on the course for a further two days to complete the Practitioner level, or return at a later date to complete this and the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam if you so wish.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Structured Approach to Managing Projects
- The Process-based Approach
- Business Case
- Practical Work
The syllabus for PRINCE2® was updated in 2017, which was the first major update to PRINCE2 since 2009. As of December 2017 all PRINCE2 courses offered by the GTA have been taught off the 2017 syllabus. If you have any questions about these changes please read this PRINCE2 Update FAQ document in the first instance.
Please remember to bring your manual with you for the course.
Virtual Learning (Option)
This course is also available virtually through the GTA, tutor led in real time but with the benefit of accessing it from the comfort of your office or your own home and these courses run regularly. The length of the course and the content are exactly the same as with the classroom option.
Please email us on [email protected] if you would like to receive the cost, which can vary, depending on available dates for your chosen professional qualification.
There are many benefits of studying the PRINCE2 Foundation course. You will:
- Understand the PRINCE2® method at Foundation level and cover the full PRINCE2 Foundation syllabus
- Understand the integrated elements of PRINCE2® (principles, processes, themes and tailoring) within a work environment
- Prepare for your PRINCE2 Foundation certification and PRINCE2 Foundation exam
- Appreciate business processes and lifecycle models for projects and project management.
- Understand the benefits and principles underlying a structured approach to project management
This course will help you to operate effectively with colleagues and managers within a structured project management environment.
You will take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam at the end of day 3. The PRINCE2 Foundation Exam: 1 hour, closed book, consisting of 60 multiple choice questions.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.
From date of acknowledgement by the GTA, the cancellation charges are:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 20% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 100% of the full fees
Transferring to an alternative course within 3 weeks of the original course start date will incur the following charges:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No Charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 10% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 25% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
PLEASE NOTE: CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER REQUESTS
Any cancellation and course transfer requests must be made either in writing or by e-mail to the course administrator, the GTA.