The AgilePM® course is aimed at aspiring and practicing project managers who are adding to their knowledge of traditional approaches such as PRINCE2, or who are operating in an agile environment and need to be able to run projects in more complex and scalable situations. AgilePM® offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
AgilePM® covers the certification by APMG and the DSDM Consortium and the scheme aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be agile.
The AgilePM® certification course will:
- Explain how to lay the foundations for successful agile projects
- Explain how an agile project is managed
- Clarify the different management styles needed for successful agile projects (compared to "traditional" projects)
- Provide integration with PRINCE2® and other project management methodologies/frameworks.
This four-day course has been re-structured to suit the v2 handbook and covers the Agile Foundation & Practitioner syllabus, including the following topics:
- The fundamentals and the philosophy
- The principles
- The lifecycle and products
- Team structures
- Roles and responsibilities
- MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- Lifecycle configuration
- Estimation and measurement
- Quality and maintainability
- Planning, control and risk
- Implementing Agile Project Management
Delegates are required to spend approximately 10 hours studying pre-course materials in order to be well prepared for the course.
Virtual Learning (Option)
This course is also available virtually through the GTA, tutor led in real time but with the benefit of accessing it from the comfort of your office or your own home and these courses run regularly. The length of the course and the content are exactly the same as with the classroom option.
Please email us on [email protected] if you would like to receive the cost, which can vary, depending on available dates for your chosen professional qualification.
The AgilePM® course explains how to lay the foundations for successful Agile projects and manage an Agile project from start to finish, enabling delegates to become immediately productive as a project manager.
- Gain an understanding of agile and agility and the ability to apply the relevant project management method, leading to successful agile projects
- Promote trust and close co-operation between the business and developers to give the business ongoing visibility into what is happening
- Combine knowledge of more traditional project management methodologies with agile to better adapt to a changing business environment
- Improve time-to-market and project success rates while simultaneously accelerating results by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls
- Deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives
- Achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope
The AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner course complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes which improves rigour and visibility around project management, leading to a proven track record of successful delivery in a corporate environment.
The course fee includes the AgilePM® Foundation and Practitioner exam fees and course materials including a copy of the Agile Project Management Handbook v2.
The AgilePM® Foundation exam is taken at the end of day 2 and is a 40 minute, closed book, multiple choice format exam of 50 questions. The required pass mark is 50% (25/50).
The AgilePM® Practitioner exam is taken at the end of the course and is a 2.5 hour, open book (AgilePM® Handbook v2 only) objective text with 4 questions. There are 20 marks per question and the required pass mark is 50% (40/80).
Exam only option;
- Foundation Exam £359.00
- Practitioner Exam £459.00
There are no pre-requisites for the AgilePM® foundation examination. Candidates must achieve a pass at AgilePM® foundation level before completing the AgilePM® practitioner examination. The DSDM Atern Foundation and Advanced Practitioner certificates are also acceptable pre-requisites for the practitioner exam.
Candidates must hold the AgilePM® practitioner certification in order to take the AgilePM® re-registration examination.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.
From date of acknowledgement by the GTA, the cancellation charges are:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 20% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 100% of the full fees
Transferring to an alternative course within 4 weeks of the original course start date will incur the following charges:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No Charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 10% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 25% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
PLEASE NOTE: CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER REQUESTS
Any cancellation and course transfer requests must be made either in writing or by e-mail to the course administrator, the GTA.