This course focuses on the practical aspects of effective change management as it relates to change and the individual, change and the organisation, communications and stakeholder engagement and change management practice. This is an intense course that involves both pre-course and evening study during the course. The course is entirely complementary to formal portfolio, programme and project management approaches (such as MOP®, MSP©, and PRINCE2©) but knowledge of these approaches is not a pre-requisite for attendance.
Through study of selected sections of The Effective Change Manager’s Handbook the course provides you with a practical and informative pathway of understanding through the maze of principles, theories and the practice of change management. It gives you a solid platform for clear best practice thinking and the application of a range of proven change management tools and techniques for achieving successful change.
This three day foundation course is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by an APM (Association for Project Management) Group approved trainer with practical experience of change management.
Delegates should spend approximately 4-6 hours studying the pre-course material to be well prepared for the course.
Virtual Learning (Option)
This course is also available virtually through the GTA, tutor led in real time but with the benefit of accessing it from the comfort of your office or your own home and these courses run regularly. The length of the course and the content are exactly the same as with the classroom option.
Please email us on [email protected] if you would like to receive the cost, which can vary, depending on available dates for your chosen professional qualification.
By attending this course, you will:
- Achieve an internationally recognised APMG-International qualification
- Learn from the experts, all of whom, are experienced change management practitioners
- Gain a clear, practical understanding of the implications and impacts of change on people and organizations.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of how to support people through change
The Foundation Exam is included in the course price and is taken at the end of day 3 of the course.
- 40 minutes
- closed book
- 50 multiple-choice questions
Some previous experience of change management or programme/project management would be useful but is not essential. There is some recommended pre-course reading and preparation together with evening work during the course.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.
- From date of acknowledgement by the GTA, the cancellation charges are:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 20% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 100% of the full fees
Transferring to an alternative course within 3 weeks of the original course start date will incur the following charges:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No Charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 10% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 25% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
PLEASE NOTE: CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER REQUESTS
Any cancellation and course transfer requests must be made either in writing or by e-mail via [email protected] to the course administrator, the GTA.