There are three intakes a year for this course: March, July and September.
This intermediate-level course has been specifically designed for compliance professionals working outside of financial services (e.g. oil and gas, telecoms and aerospace). Gain actionable and practical risk-management skills to excel in your role.
Topics to be covered include:
- The context of compliance and its origins
- Building an effective control framework
- The skills needed to be an effective compliance professional
- Risk management, alert systems and investigations
- Managing financial crime risk
- Creating competitive advantage
This course is offered by International Compliance Association Commercial Services (ICA’s approved training provider). During the restrictions imposed by the Covid19 pandemic the ICA have made significant investments in technology and resources to create a new student experience – a blend of self-study, instructor-led virtual classroom dynamic discussions around live scenarios, topical reviews of industry events and bite-size videos. All designed to help you get the most out of the course, increase your chances of successes and take away the practical knowledge you need to think differently and perform better in your role.
- 6-month course assessed by 2 written assignments (2,000 to 2,500 words)
- A mixture of guided online study and participation in live sessions:
- 1 x virtual classroom – groups are limited to 36 students to maximise the study experience
- 1 x live, immersive learning scenario – a powerful experience putting you at the centre of a story, helping you bridge the gap between what you know and how you can apply that knowledge in your role
- 6 x monthly “in the spotlight” videos covering the latest industry developments
- Proactive support throughout the course to help you stay on track
It is recommended that you study 6-8 hours per week over the six month period.
You can request a copy of the full syllabus here.
The next course dates are as follows:
Next enrolment by: 24 October 2022
Module 1 (Group 1):
- Welcome & Getting Started - 27 October 2022 (13:00-14:30)
- Virtual Classroom 1 - 15 November 2022 (09:30-12:30)
- Assessment Preparation Session - 13 December 2022 (09:30-11:00)
- Assignment 1 - 27 January 2023 (results 17 March 2023)
Module 2 (Group 1):
- Immersive Scenario - 21 February 2023 (14:30-17:30)
- Group Tutorial - 27 February 2023 (13:00-14:00)
- Assessment Preparation Session - 20 March 2023 (13:00-14:00)
- Assignment 2 - 28 April 2023 (results 7 July 2023)
This course is suitable for:
- Compliance employees
- Employees who have compliance responsibilities
- Employees with management responsibility for compliance
- Any person who wishes to learn fundamental compliance principles and how businesses should be compliant
You will be assessed by means of two 2,000-2,500 word assignments – one during and one at the end of the course.
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester and the course fee includes a printable certificate once you have completed the course.
This Advanced Certificate is open to anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in the discipline. The content of the course requires you to possess a sound educational background and good written English skills.
In order to study any ICA qualification you need to be a member of the ICA. . If you are not currently a member of the ICA., membership will be added to your basket during checkout of your online enrolment.
There are five different levels of individual membership. Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences
Whilst the GTA facilitates the training for ICA qualifications, you need to enrol online directly with the ICA. Scroll down when you reach this page and enter Guernsey when it asks ‘Where are you based?’ You can then follow the process to enrol.