This leadership programme has been designed to sharpen the strategic skills of senior managers and those aspiring to hold the highest compliance positions within an organization.
This expert-level qualification offers:
- Specialist knowledge – the highest level in the field
- Strategic thinking – helps your leadership ambitions
- Innovation – explores new ideas, best practice, and future developments from a global perspective
- Fellowship of ICA – become automatically eligible for the highest grade of membership
- Networking – grow with other like-minded, senior professionals.
Join hundreds of senior compliance professionals from over 50 countries who unlocked their leadership potential and improved their career growth opportunities with this qualification.
This is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
The syllabus covers a variety of key issues relevant at a senior level and is designed to provide an insight into the risks and potential hurdles faced by your organisation. The syllabus is delivered by an exclusive series of high-profile masterclasses covering relevant topics.
- Building and leading a world class compliance team
- Strategic risk management for leaders
- Behavioural compliance: the role of psychology in cultured and ethical behaviour
- Keeping up with emerging regulatory developments
- Governance, risk and compliance in the digital world
- Applying governance, conduct and outcomes for the benefit of the organisation
- Leading change in governance, risk and compliance
- Financial crime risk in the digital age
This course is delivered over 12 months with materials delivered online for you to study in your own time and at your own pace including:
- Eight 3-hour live, virtual masterclasses over four weekends.
- Eight group tutorials that give the opportunity to reflect, interpret and apply the knowledge from the masterclasses
- (Optional) five live, virtual classrooms spread over the duration of the course, designed to support the networking element of the course as well as focus on the latest global developments.
- Assessed through the creation of a reflective journal consisting of eight masterclass commentaries (1,000 to 1,500 words) and a 2-to-3-hour competency based interview.
This is an executive-level programme suitable for:
- Heads of Compliance/Governance/Risk
- Company Directors/Board Members
- Compliance Managers and senior GRC staff
- Senior Risk staff
- Senior internal and External Audit staff
- Company Secretaries
- Legal Practitioners
- Regulatory Representatives
Course enrolment date by: 8 August 2022
- Masterclass Weekend 1 (part 1) - Masterclass 1 - Building and Leading a World Class GRC Team - 10 September 2022 (09:00-12:00)
- Masterclass Weekend 1 (part 2) - Masterclass 2 - Strategic Risk Management for Leaders - 11 September 2022 (09:00-12:00)
- Masterclass Weekend 1 (part 1) - Masterclass 3 - The Search for Ethical Corporate Culture - 8 October 2022 (09:00-12:00)
- Masterclass Weekend 1 (part 2) - Masterclass 4 - Regulatory Risk Identification and Hot Topics - 9 October 2022 (09:00-12:00)
- Masterclass Weekend 2 (part 1) - Masterclass 5 - Changing expectations: governance, conduct and outcomes - 11 February 2023 (09:00-12:00)
- Masterclass Weekend 2 (part 2) - Masterclass 6 - The Impact of Technology on GRC - 12 February 2023 (09:00-12:00)
- Masterclass Weekend 2 (part 1) - Masterclass 7 - Leading change in GRC - 11 March 2023 (09:00-12:00)
- Masterclass Weekend 2 (part 2) - Masterclass 8 - Finacial Crime Identification and Hot Topics - 12 March 2023 (09:00-12:00)
These expert-level qualifications are designed to sharpen the strategic skills of senior professionals or those aspiring to be Heads of Compliance/AML/Financial Crime Prevention.
This course is assessed through the creation of a reflective journal consisting of eight masterclass commentaries (1,000 to 1.500 words) and a 2-to-3-hour competency based interview.
This qualification is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
Admission is strictly selective. In order to be eligible, you must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Hold a (first) degree and be a senior practitioner (i.e. hold a senior management role) with at least three years’ experience in that role or at the equivalent level of seniority.
- Hold an ICA diploma and have at least five years’ experience in a related discipline and currently work in a role that includes senior level responsibilities and regular engagement with senior practitioners.
- Have at least ten years’ experience in a relevant senior management role.
Please note that your eligibility will be assessed by the ICA before being accepted onto the course. You can do this be sending your CV and Job Description directly to [email protected] or by uploading a copy of your documents when you apply online.
A good level of written and spoken English is also required.
In order to study any ICA qualification you need to be a member of the ICA. If you’re not currently a member of the ICA, student membership costing £75 will be added to your basket during the online checkout process.
The ICA has five different levels of individual membership. Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is a level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
Whilst the GTA facilitates the training for ICA qualifications, you need to enrol online directly with the ICA. Scroll down when you reach this page and enter Guernsey when it asks ‘Where are you based?’ You can then follow the process to enrol.