This course will be of particular interest to staff working directly/indirectly in the fund environment and will provide an overview of a number of topical areas that you might encounter in your career.
This course follows on from the Level 1 session and provides you with a more thorough understanding of the fund environment.
The course will cover:
- Refresher on what a fund is, different types of funds, different operating structures and structure combinations
- Refresher on funds structured as Limited Partnerships and the key difference between these and other structures
- Regulation and its impact on the Fund Sector (including an overview of the Conduct of Business rules)
- Understanding the Principal Documents and other agreements connected to a Fund and how these drive Fund Operations
- Understanding Equalization and Performance fees
- Understanding currency transactions
- Refresher on Fund Valuations (including a high level review of Open Ended and Closed ended valuations
- Case study - Errors on Valuation
- Pricing errors and their impact on operations
- Case Study - Private Equity Valuation
- Understanding the impact of Illiquid investments on fund operations
- How to read, understand and interpret a set of fund Financial Statements
The course will look at the key aspects of funds administered in Guernsey and will provide you with further information with regard to the operations of funds in Guernsey.
On completion of the course, you should have a greater understanding of the fund industry and an increased awareness of performance fees, illiquidity, currency transactions and how the regulation and documents drive fund operations.
You should also be able to apply the knowledge to your day to day position, obtaining a greater understanding of the working environment.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.