This course is highly practical and focused on those who work in private equity or who wish to have a greater understanding of the background, transactions and industry. It also looks at providing a stronger understanding of the structures used, how they are managed and the role we play as administrators in Guernsey.
- Focus on the practical skills of limited partnership administration, how the structures function, transact and how are they managed
- Understand calls, distributions, capital partner statements and carried interest including a review of example, real life, capital partner statements
- Understanding the industry terminology via reviews of real-life industry examples
- Confirming the differences between private equity and retail/vanilla funds
- Review of parties involved, LP, GP, Carry, Co-Invest, SLP, depositary and IA
- Understanding the importance and make up of Limited partnership agreements
- Live fund lifecycle 'case study' example looking at how the transactions are processed and calculated; this will also focus on valuation, undrawn commitment, an overview of equalization theory and distributions (including a high-level overview of water fall calculations) and investor communications
- Understanding the role of private equity systems, what products exist and what do they achieve
- Carrying out a case study and preparing a simple Private Equity Valuation
- Round up, questions and feedback
Private equity investment typically provides working capital to a target company to nurture expansion, new product development or restructuring of the company’s operations, management or ownership. Investors and funds make investments directly into private companies or conduct buyouts of public companies that result in a delisting of public equity. The majority of private equity consists of intuitional investors who can commit large sums of money for long periods of time.
In attending this session, you will:
- Understand the private equity environment in more detail
- Understand the private equity structures
- Have a better knowledge of the stakeholders involved
- Understand the tax surrounding the investment structures
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 244570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.