This course will enable you to develop an understanding of the funds industry and some of the key roles that support fund operations. You will also consider the different fund structures, strategies for investment and regulatory obligations.
The course has been designed for those who are relatively new to the industry or more experienced practitioners who want to refresh their core knowledge.
The course will provide you with knowledge of the funds industry and will enable you to understand the tasks that those administering or providing other support to a fund will carry out.
It comprises six modules:
- Module 1 – The Fund Industry
- Module 2 – Fund Structures
- Module 3 – Fund Strategies
- Module 4 – Fund Accounting and Fund Valuations
- Module 5 – Taxation
- Module 6 – Regulation
The course is delivered through e-learning with interactive exercises and tasks for you to complete, supplemented with videos, podcasts and a variety of other resources.
You will study this course in your own time and at your own pace, and you have up to 3 months to complete it. It is recommended that you spend four to six hours per week on private study for the three months before taking the examination, which can be taken at any time during your 12 months subscription to the course.
You can request a copy of the full syllabus here.
After attending this course you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental workings of the fund industry, including relevant terminology, and the roles and responsibilities of the different teams supporting a fund
- Be able to identify and understand different fund structures and the documents relating to them
- Be familiar with, and able to explain the differences between, various fund strategies
- Be familiar with key terminology and processes in relation to accounting and valuations, and be able to carry out straightforward calculations
- Understand the basic principles of the taxation of funds, including VAT and transfer pricing, and be able to carry out straightforward calculations
- Understand the key regulation affecting fund administrators and the obligations placed upon the fund administrator by company law and AML provisions
The course is assessed by way of a 90-minute online examination made up of 60 multiple-choice questions. The entire syllabus is examinable and examination questions may be set on material contained in any of the course materials provided.
This qualification is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester and once you have successfully completed the course you will be awarded the Certificate in Fund Administration.
The Certificate is open entry. Applicants should have a good standard of literacy and be aware that the programme is delivered in English.
Enrolment onto this course includes 12 months access to the online learning platform and the examination fees.
Whilst the GTA facilitates the training for the fund qualifications, you need to enrol online directly with CLT International. Scroll down when you reach this page and you can then follow the process to enrol.