Teams are as old as civilisation itself and the Board of Directors is after all a team, but a team of highly paid individuals. As this team is assembled, or changed, there is no guarantee that it will operate effectively with a natural esprit de corps.
Jean Pousson is one of the senior IoD consultants and a regular visitor to Guernsey where he contributes to the IoD’s Certificate and Diploma programmes. In a typical year Jean will work with anything up to 600 directors and with 6 to 8 Boards conducting strategic and/or Board Effectiveness Reviews. This makes him eminently qualified to talk about making your board better in this highly interactive session.
Registration is from 07:45 when refreshments and a light breakfast will be available.
This session will examine the following:
- Why are Board dynamics different?
- Why don’t Boards operate to their full potential?
- The changing landscape creating new Board challenges e.g., AI, Geopolitical issues
- Recent examples of bad behaviour and updates on Jean’s stupidity index of Boards
- Groupthink creep
- Why executives get derailed
- How to recognise early signs of dysfunction
- Making Boards work better
- From selection to feedback
- Learning from well-run Boards
- Reflective questions to take away.
In attending this session you will benefit from the knowledge of a well-respected speaker and will have the opportunity to ask questions in a Q&A session after the presentation.
If you would like to book a place on this session please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.