The APM Project Management Qualification is a knowledge-based qualification which enables you to demonstrate knowledge of all elements of project management. You'll be able to demonstrate an understanding of how these elements interact and how your project fits into your strategic and commercial environment.
The qualification will cover the following learning objectives:
- Appreciate business processes and lifecycle models for projects and project management.
- Use critical path analysis techniques and manage resource conflicts.
- Contribute to the development of the business case.
- Select and apply appropriate project monitoring and control methods.
- Use a systematic approach to analysing and planning a project.
- Consider and apply appropriate conflict management and negotiating techniques.
- Appreciate the project context and actively manage the project stakeholders.
- Apply work breakdown structures and map responsibilities.
- Appreciate the context and relevance of project change control processes.
- Recognise the importance of developing effective leadership skills and communication techniques.
- Prepare for the APM PMQ examination.
The course is followed by a 3-hour online exam.
Virtual Learning (Option)
This course is also available virtually through the GTA, tutor led in real time but with the benefit of accessing it from the comfort of your office or your own home and these courses run regularly. The length of the course and the content are exactly the same as with the classroom option.
Please email us on [email protected] if you would like to receive the cost, which can vary, depending on available dates for your chosen professional qualification.
Completion of the qualification will provide you with a breadth of knowledge in all areas of project management, including:
- budgeting and cost management
- conflict management
- earned value management
The APM-PMQ exam is an online three-hour exam paper with an additional 15 minutes reading time at the start, where candidates must answer ten from sixteen questions. The cost of the exam is included in the course price. The exam can only be taken online, using your own webcam and microphone (valid ID required) which allows you to take the exam at home or your office at a convenient time without the need for a physical invigilator. Subject to availability – we would recommend booking your exam at least 3 weeks in advance.
You'll typically have some pre-existing project management knowledge. It’s the ideal next step for anyone holding the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (APM-PFQ).
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.