The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification is the entry level qualification in the APM suite of project management qualifications and is the perfect course to take for anyone wishing to know the basics in project management. Using the globally renown APM ‘body of knowledge’ (APMBoK), as its reference point, this course is perfect for anyone wanting to make a positive contribution to any part of the project team.
The qualification will cover the following:
- Project Management and the operating environment
- Project lifecycle
- Management structures by which projects operate
- Project management planning
- Scope management
- Scheduling and resource management
- Risk management and issue management
- Project quality management
- Leadership and teamwork
The course is followed by a 1-hour multiple-choice examination.
Virtual Learning (Option)
This course is also available virtually through the GTA, tutor led in real time but with the benefit of accessing it from the comfort of your office or your own home and these courses run regularly. The length of the course and the content are exactly the same as with the classroom option.
Please email us on [email protected] if you would like to receive the cost, which can vary, depending on available dates for your chosen professional qualification.
Completion of the qualification will enable you to:
- Describe a project's context and the relationship of this with project management
- Describe ways in which projects can be monitored and controlled
- Describe project success criteria and benefits
- Carry out a work breakdown of a project as a first component of planning
- Carry out a stakeholder analysis and describe ways in which they can be managed
- Correctly identify the roles involved in project management
- Support and contribute to a successful project outcome
- Prepare for the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) exam
The course is followed by a 1-hour multiple-choice examination which can only be taken online, using your own webcam and microphone (valid ID required) which allows you to take the exam at home or your office at a convenient time without the need for a physical invigilator. Subject to availability – we would recommend booking your exam at least 3 weeks in advance. The cost of the exam is included in the course price.
The PFQ (Project Fundamentals Qualification) is an introductory qualification for individuals who are looking to improve or gain fundamental knowledge in the area of project management. No prior knowledge or experience in project management is necessary.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.