The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (SCQF Level 6) offers a fundamental awareness of project management terminology giving you the knowledge to make a positive contribution to any project. This qualification is for those wanting a broad understanding of the principles of the profession.
The qualification will cover the following:
- Project Management and the operating environment
- Project lifecycle
- Management structures by which projects operate
- Project management planning
- Scope management
- Scheduling and resource management
- Risk management and issue management
- Project quality management
- Leadership and teamwork
The course is followed by a 1-hour multiple-choice examination.
Completion of the qualification will enable you to:
- Describe a project's context and the relationship of this with project management
- Describe ways in which projects can be monitored and controlled
- Describe project success criteria and benefits
- Carry out a work breakdown of a project as a first component of planning
- Carry out a stakeholder analysis and describe ways in which they can be managed
- Correctly identify the roles involved in project management
- Support and contribute to a successful project outcome
- Prepare for the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) exam
Please follow the link to the online course platform where you can see a short demo APM PFQ demo..
The course is followed by a 1-hour multiple-choice examination which can only be taken online, using your own webcam and microphone (valid ID required) which allows you to take the exam at home or your office at a convenient time without the need for a physical invigilator. Subject to availability – we would recommend booking your exam at least 3 weeks in advance. The cost of the exam is included in the course price.
The PFQ (Project Fundamentals Qualification) is an introductory qualification for individuals who are looking to improve or gain fundamental knowledge in the area of project management. No prior knowledge or experience in project management is necessary. This is an online course which you take from the comfort of your home or on your work computer. You will need the following technical setup: Any recent Desktop/Laptop/Tablet with internet connectivity and based on a modern operating system (Windows8®,Windows7®, Windows Vista®, MAC OSX, Linux, iPad iOS 7, Kindle Fire, Android based Tablets) with a latest version of the Web Browser viz. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, (Safari on MAC OSX). It is recommended that you download the Adobe connect app before logging in.
If you are interested in taking the course online, please register your interest through the ‘Register Interest’ button on the right hand side of this page, and we will contact you with the information you need to start your training journey.