This innovative course draws on the latest neuroscience research and shows how mindfulness practice can improve your emotional intelligence which in turn can enhance your performance, develop your leadership capabilities and boost your well-being.
This course combines emotional intelligence, mindfulness and neuroscience with a focus towards leadership capacity in the workplace, recognising that we are all leaders at various moments and stages in our lives. The course is highly interactive and focuses on three areas:
- Attention Training – attention is the basis of all higher cognitive and emotional abilities. Any framework for training emotional intelligence therefore has to begin with attention training. The idea is to train your attention to create a quality of mind that is clam and clear at the same time. That quality of mind forms the foundation for emotional intelligence.
- Self-Knowledge and Mastery – using trained attention to create a high resolution perception in your cognitive and emotive processes. This allows you to observe your thought stream and the process of emotions with a high level of clarity and to do so objectively from a third person perspective. This deep self-knowledge allows self-mastery.
- Creating useful mental habits – there are mental habits which can be consciously trained which can lead to highly constructive relationships and enhanced general well-being.
During the course you will learn about:
- The neuroscience behind mindfulness, a basic introduction to the science behind mindfulness. This demonstrates the importance of mindfulness as a foundational skill that enables emotional awareness, clarity and peace of mind, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Developing your capacity for self-awareness and understanding how you react to different situations and how you are present in different contexts. You will gain an understanding of your perceptions of your emotions, habits and behaviour patterns. A key element of the course is acknowledgement that we can only control what we are aware of and hence mindfulness is fundamental in helping you become self-aware.
- How to improve your self-management by learning how to pause and reflect before responding to triggers or prompts. This is particularly important when you are susceptible to stressful and emotional situations which is all too often in our fast-paced always on modern environment.
- The power of aligning your values to your actions to strengthen motivation. This ensures that you become more engaged in what you do and will be more likely to achieve your goals.
- The importance of knowing and how to develop empathy to make you more effective in the workplace. Empathy and compassion are often over-looked in the workplace but are core in building trust and professional relationships within teams. One of the driving purposes of this course is to inject more compassion into work and everyday life.
- Being successful in relationship management in the workplace, using compassion and communicating with insight particularly with respect to dealing with difficult conversations and bringing out the best of people in teams.
The course is designed to:
- Expand Leadership Capacity – through increased effectiveness, decision-making capacity, and ability to create positive culture;
- Improve Performance & Collaboration – by developing greater strength in brain regions associated with focus, working memory, and executive function.
- Enhance Wellbeing & Resilience - greater emotional resilience, stress management, happiness, and job satisfaction. Fewer stress symptoms and sick days.
You will come away with a range of tools and techniques that you can immediately put to use in your personal and professional lives to:
- Reduce stress
- Improve effectiveness
- Increase focus
- Increase feelings of happiness in yourself and others
- Increase your positive connection to others
- Manage distractions
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.