This course is aimed at anyone who would like to improve their management skills, or an individual preparing to move into a management role.
This leadership and management course will help you to develop the essential skills for all leaders and managers. We will look at the different qualities you may adopt, techniques for coaching and motivating and your team, how to develop emotional skills, and how to maximise your use of your own time.
Introduction to management and leadership:
- Understanding the difference between a manager and a leader
- Understanding a range of leadership styles, their benefits and potential impact on individuals and performance
- Choosing leadership styles based on workplace situations
- Development and appropriate use of personal management and leadership styles
Great leadership qualities and your personal capabilities:
- Traits of great leaders – their view.
- Who do they admire and why?
- The role of trust and respect in effective team leadership
- Review of their personal leadership styles (If course is being delivered on separate days, this section will also include development of 360 degree feedback questions for their personal leadership survey).
- What do they want to change to improve as a leader?
- Action planning to improve personal qualities
The importance of communication:
- The importance of communication
- Listening skills
- Coaching for improvement
- Setting clear objectives and giving feedback.·
- Dealing with conflict
- Transactional analysis: Parent Adult Child communication styles
Motivating to improve performance:
- Overview of Motivational Theories
- Applying motivational theory to improve performance
- Emotional intelligence
- Building positive relationships
- Employee engagement – improving engagement to improve motivation levels
By the end of the course, you’ll feel more confident and better prepared to make the most of your personal capabilities so that you can get the most out of yourself and your team.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.