The GTA University Centre is delighted to offer this 18 month, fast track programme, providing dual qualifications – MSc Corporate Governance and Grad CG. This popular programme will provide you with a highly specialised set of skills and develop your ability to appreciate and influence the factors governing corporate affairs. In this context, ‘corporate’ is used in its wider sense and therefore includes private, public and not-for-profit organisations.
If you already hold full ICSA CSQS, CCAB, ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent, you would be eligible for entry to the MSc Corporate Governance/Grad CG Fast Track (commencing in September 2020).
Each taught unit of the programme involves extensive in-class discussions and the opportunity in some units to deal with real data derived from recent research and professional practice. You will have access to extensive online study materials via the university's virtual learning environment.
- Corporate Stewardship: Illustrating the fundamental concepts in the protection of intellectual property rights, this unit will provide an understanding of the role of the company secretary in the effective administration of organisations while covering key issues in risk management;
- Corporate Governance & Ethics: The objectives, principles and methods of Corporate Governance practice in different economic environments. You'll see how governance and ethics can support managerial decision-making, particularly for risk management
- International Corporate Finance: The aims of this unit are to address the importance of the corporate finance function within an internationally diverse corporation and to provide a framework for assisting corporate decision-makers in a complex, dynamic and inherently uncertain external environment
- Research Project: The research project will provide you with an opportunity to complete a significant piece of self-managed research in an area that interests you and is relevant to the course.
Bournemouth University developed the MSc Corporate Governance programme in close collaboration with The Chartered Governance Institute. One of the attractions of this programme is that it enables you to develop competence in all areas of business. Overall the course offers:
- An academically rigorous and highly practical qualification (MSc)
- Development of professional and managerial abilities
- Qualification with graduate status of The Chartered Governance Institute (Grad CG)
In pursuing this programme you will have the opportunity to:
- Undertake an academically rigorous study, at an advanced level, of corporate governance including major aspects of current thinking and developments
- Enhance your ability to effectively administer corporate affairs within an organisation, and contribute to corporate performance appropriate to employment at a senior level
- Examine the interrelationships between the major contributing disciplines and functional specialisms, and the manner in which they interrelate in corporate governance
- Build outwards from your individual field to foster self-development, developing your capability for effective teamwork, objective analysis and communication
- Foster an understanding and appreciation of ethics and values relating to the business community and the relationship to corporate governance
- Enhance your career potential
Duration and mode: The course is taught in Guernsey, part-time over one academic year. Teaching will take place over 11 two-day blocks (09:00 – 17:00 on Fridays & Saturdays) from September – May. On completion of the taught aspect of the course you then have approximately 6 months to undertake a supervised research project on a topic of your choice to achieve the masters.
Course fees: The programme fees are inclusive of all lectures, exam fees and research project supervision. Fees for the 2022 cohort are £(tbc), payable to the GTA, and we are able to offer interest-free payment plans.
If you would like to discuss either this programme or your development options in further detail, please contact [email protected] or call 01481 746889
Assessment is by coursework and examination.
Full ICSA Professional, CCAB, ACA, ACCA and CIMA or equivalent.
To apply for this programme, please follow the link here to Bournemouth University's online application route.