Recent high profile fraud cases and continued regulatory scrutiny have highlighted the importance of understanding the key principles of safeguarding customers’ monies and assets. The rules are complex and you need the right skills to apply them effectively.
This course covers this technical area in an accessible, easily understandable way.
You will study this course in your own time and at your own pace, and you have up to 3 months to complete it.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key principles in managing customer monies and assets effectively
- Discover why insolvency drives the need to protect customers
- Learn why company and customer monies should be separated, as well as how and what to separate
- Explain the basics for good organisational arrangements and understand the fundamentals of banking and custodian relationships
- Describe the basics of registration and recording of legal titles and the importance of segregation and the role of diversification
- Know the steps to take when reconciling accounts and understand how to protect monies and assets during transactions.
This practical, knowledge-based course is ideal for:
- Anyone in a supervisory first-line role with responsibility for processes that handle client money including those at outsourced administrators
- Those in business control teams, compliance advisory and compliance monitoring staff with oversight of client money and custody operations
- Internal audit staff
- Managers and senior staff who want to be more familiar with their regulatory risks under SM&CR (or equivalent regimes), including the CASS oversight officer
At the end of the course your understanding will be tested with a quiz and downloaded certificate of completion.
Whilst the GTA facilitates the training for ICA qualifications, you need to enrol online directly with the ICA. Scroll down when you reach this page and enter Guernsey when it asks ‘Where are you based?’ You can then follow the process to enrol.