This course provides an invaluable resource for any professional working, or looking to work, in the funds profession, as well as lawyers, auditors and accountants, compliance professionals, IT developers and those in the banking and trust sector.
Students of this course typically include:
- Professionals working in investment funds, fund administration and financial services
- Those working in the private banking and wealth management industry
- Lawyers, auditors, accountants, compliance professionals, IT developers and those working in trusts
- Provides a detailed insight into the regulatory landscape in Jersey.
- This course helps professionals understand the regulations in the specific jurisdictions that they work in/with
- It is delivered fully online and delegates can access the material whenever and wherever they wish over a 12-month period
- The course has been created in conjunction with Will Morgan (Managing Director) and Victoria Le Poidevin (Director) from Offshore Consulting Limited
Following this you will learn about:
- The Jersey fund industry and the Jersey financial Services Commission (JFSC)
- Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998 (the FS Law), including the Code of Practice for Fund Services Business
- Jersey private funds (JPF) regime
- Jersey public funds regime/regulatory consent under Collective Investment Funds (Jersey) Law 1988 (the CIF Law)
- Code of Practice for Certified Funds (part of the CIF Law)
- CIF categories , including:
- Expert funds
- Eligible investor funds
- Listed funds
- Unclassified funds
- Recognised funds and unregulated funds
- Guide to Jersey Open-Ended Unclassified Collective Investment Funds offered to the general public (the OCIF Guide) and the Collective Investment Funds (Certified Funds-Prospectuses) (Jersey) Order 2012 (the CFPO)
- Alternative Investment Funds (Jersey) Regulations 2021
- Code of Practice for Alternative Investment Funds and AIF Services Business
- Outsourcing Policy and Guidance Notes
This course is delivered through an online learning platform, providing you with twelve months’ access to bespoke, interactive course material written by an industry expert. There is no formal assessment for this course, allowing you to study and learn at your own pace and refer back to the content as and when needed for the purpose of practice. There are 30 nominal hours of study recommended for this course.
This CPD Module offers a detailed insight into the regulatory landscape in Jersey, reviewing some of the essential laws, rules and regulations with which funds must comply and guidance issued by the local regulator.
Whilst we at the GTA promote and facilitate the STEP programmes, bookings are made directly with CLT International, STEP’s exclusive training provider. To enrol please book online.
For those who are enrolled on or have previously completed the Certificate in Fund Administration of the Advanced Certificate in Fund Administration a discounted course fee of £145 is available.