This course offers a comprehensive and interactive refresher on AML (Anti Money Laundering) and CFT (Combating the Financing of Terrorism) and is aimed at directors and senior management of financial services businesses in Guernsey.
The course will be interactive by way of exercises/case studies and will advise, or remind you of your obligations as Board members to ensure compliance with the following areas of financial crime matters:
- The act of money laundering and how an offence is constituted under the legislation
- Terrorist financing, Proliferation financing and the differences between that and money laundering
- Suspicion, suspicious transaction reports and tipping off
- Client risk
- Communication from the FIU (THEMIS) to the Board (monthly)
- Board responsibilities and duties including the communication from the Head of FIU on internal policies and procedures regarding the quality of SARs filed to the FIU
- Risk rating
- Compliance function
There will also be an opportunity to discuss any Board concerns with the Head of FIU, Adrian Hale who will be joining the tutor on delivering certain parts of the course
After attending this course you will have a greater understanding of AML/CFT controls which, when effectively implemented, can mitigate the adverse effects of criminal economic activities.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.