This qualification provides you with detailed knowledge of the concepts relating to information security (confidentiality, integrity, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks and countermeasures), along with an understanding of current legislation and regulations which impact information security management. Award holders will be able to apply the practical principles covered throughout the course ensuring normal business processes become robust and more secure.
- The need for information security
- Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts and definitions
- Information risk management
- Corporate governance
- Organisational responsibilities
- Policies, standards and procedures
- ISO/IEC 27002, 27001 & 13335
- Information security controls
- Incident management
- Legal framework - personal data, DPA, CMA, IPR and copyright, HR and employment issues
- Cryptographic models
- Data communications and networks
- Physical security
- Auditing and gap analysis
- Training and raising awareness
- Business continuity
- Security investigations and forensics
This is a thorough, practical, 5 day course designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to manage information security, information assurance or information risk based processes.
Although perceived as an IT issue, information security is in fact a subject relevant to all business units. The BCS Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) programme is ideal for members of information security management teams, IT Managers, security and systems managers, information asset owners and employees with legal compliance responsibilities.
The course will act as a stepping stone to more advanced qualifications (either managerial or technical), and also sits nicely with existing project management and service management based programs.
- CISMP provides you with the perfect starting point for a career in information security, upon which more technical qualifications can be built
- CISMP is widely regarded as the ‘qualification of choice’ for IT professionals who wish to develop a career in information security management
This CISMP course is aligned with the latest national information assurance frameworks (IAMM), as well as ISO/IEC 27002 & 27001; the code of practice and standard for information security. This course is a National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) Certified Training course.
The course follows the latest BCS syllabus and prepares delegates for the 2 hour multiple choice BCS examination which is sat on the afternoon of the last day of the course.
If you are taking a BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a you not being able to sit the exam.
The CISMP qualification has no formal entry requirements and is open to anyone with an interest in information security.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.