The (ISC)² Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification covers seven domains which they describe as 'the compendium of topics pertaining to an Information Systems Security Practitioner', the CBK (Common Body of Knowledge). The seven domains maps directly to the seven modules of this course and it is referred to as a taxonomy or collection of past, present and future topics around Information Security.
The SSCP is aimed at security go-to-people, on the front line of a business dealing with technologies employed to protect information. If you are responsible for implementing and maintaining countermeasures such as firewalls, intrusion detection or prevention, anti-virus solutions or public key infrastructures, and you want a certification to attest to your skills and professionalism within Information Security, this is it.
- Module 1: Access controls
- Module 2: Security operations and administration
- Module 3: Risk identification, monitoring and analysis
- Module 4: Incident response and recovery
- Module 5: Cryptography
- Module 6: Network and communications security
- Module 7: Systems and application security
- Earning a globally recognised advanced security administration and operations certification like the SSCP is a great way to grow your career and better secure your organisation’s critical assets
- SSCP certification demonstrates you have the advanced technical skills and knowledge to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure using security best practices, policies and procedures established by the cybersecurity experts at (ISC)²
- SSCP enables you to prove your skills and potentially advance your career
- You will gain the support of a community of cybersecurity leaders here to help you throughout your career
The SSCP exam is not a part of the course, you will be required to book your own exam through (ISC)² and should reference www.isc2.org for a schedule. This course is not an ‘exam cram’ course, but will provide a guide through the (ISC)² SSCP domains.
If you wish to sit the SSCP exam you must have one year working in the Information Security arena, covering at least one of the domains from the SSCP CBK. Proof of this must be supplied to (ISC)2.
Please note - depending on your level of experience (with the seven CBK domains), significant self-study post-course may be required in order to fully prepare for the exam.
The amount of self-study needed to prepare for the exam would be significantly less with more experience.
No experience is required for the course.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.