Project managers must work within tight schedules, manage resources across the organisation and deliver results on time and within budget. Microsoft® Project is a powerful tool to help you break a project down into manageable parts, identify potential bottlenecks and keep your project on track. In this course, you learn how to solve typical project and business problems using the planning, controlling, and reporting features of Microsoft® Project.
What you’ll learn:
- The MS Project Workspace, The Ribbon, Help and Project Options
- To navigate project calendars, timelines and critical paths
- How to set-up tasks and dependencies between them, including lag and lead times
- Managing project costs, levelling and how to resolve resource over-allocations
- Project security, saving and protecting Project files
- Useful techniques for tracing task paths to simplify unruly Gantt charts
- About setting up baselines and interim plans
- How to work with costs, deadlines and overcome scheduling issues
- To save your project as a template for future projects
This course is designed for those who have an understanding of project management concepts, who are responsible for creating and modifying project plans and who need a tool to manage these project plans.
This course will give delegates the skills to be able to create, modify and track a project schedule using the internationally acclaimed MS Project platform. By the end of the course delegates will be able to define project dates, enter project tasks, create and manipulate summary tasks, create relationships between tasks, set task priorities, print reports and track progress.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however delegates should have knowledge of Windows and be able to use a mouse and keyboard.
If you are interested in taking the course online, please register your interest through the ‘Register Interest’ button on the right hand side of this page, and we will contact you with the information you need to start your training journey.