The World of Work Academy is a development programme aimed at school leavers, university graduates and new recruits who are entering into the world of work for the first time, or returning to work after a period out of work.
Session 1 - TBC
- Understanding the Workplace Culture
- ‘Fitting in’ and ‘proving yourself’ in the workplace
- Diversity and Equality in the workplace
- What constitutes ‘professionalism?’
Session 2 – TBC
- Meeting and Exceeding Expectations
- Identifying what is expected of you
- Your role in the team and how to exceed expectations
- Managing appraisals and feedback proactively
Session 3 – TBC
- Looking after your Professional Development
- What are the knowledge and skills that you will need to be successful in your work, now and in the future?
- Managing your energy levels and coping with pressure
- Developing a robust career ‘work/life’ plan
Each session is designed to equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to settle into and succeed in the workplace. The newly revised programme will enable participants to ‘hit the ground running’ and to be confident about managing their ongoing professional development, identifying areas of strength and areas for development.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 244570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.