Returning to studying can be a daunting prospect. The idea of fitting a study schedule into an already busy life can be overwhelming. This short course is designed to give you key tools that will equip you to plan and study effectively and covers the knowledge, skills and techniques to study effectively for a professional qualification.
You will be asked to complete a short pre-course questionnaire prior to the course to identify your specific needs and the course content can then be tailored accordingly.
Topics will include:
- Principles of effective learning
- Understanding your learning style
- Study techniques (including managing your energy, procrastination, setting short and long term learning goals)
- Evaluative writing: a template for analytical writing; writing an academic assignment
- Reading for meaning: a glance at speed reading/more detailed note taking
- How to prepare for and pass exams
Attending this course will help you identify your learning style which will enable you to build an achievable personal plan for study needs. This will maximise your chances of success for future qualifications.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.