This course is suitable for those who are new to company administration or who would appreciate a refresher. It covers the responsibilities and duties of the role, together with an overview of company accounts and an introduction to The Companies (Guernsey) Law, 2008.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- The purpose of company law, limited liability, protection for members and creditors
- The method of formation and registration of a Guernsey company
- The memorandum and articles of incorporation
- The role of directors and the company secretary
- Different types of share capital
- The requirements of the company under the law
- Accounting records and accounts
- Audit requirements and exemption from audit
- Company meetings, notice and minutes
- Statutory records
- The dissolution of Guernsey companies
- The role of the Guernsey Registry
- Corporate Services Providers – code of practice
- BVI companies – an overview.
In attending this course you will gain a practical understanding of company administration and the associated documentation, together with a wider perspective of the responsibilities and duties involved in the administration of a company.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 244570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.