Sanctions compliance is a high-profile area of risk management and regulatory scrutiny. This online course is designed for non-specialists and is a great starting point for those looking to gain knowledge and demystify this complex area.
Sanctions fundamentals – get to grips with sanctions and their significance in today’s international environment.
Application and impact – understand how sanctions are applied, their impact and the different categories of sanctions
Challenges – identify what are they and how to apply the learnings in your workplace.
Red flags – know what to look out for when dealing with customers and clients.
You will study this course in your own time and at your own pace, and you have up to 3 months to complete it.
By completion, you will learn:
- What are sanctions and who imposes them?
- Types of sanctions
- Who, what and where in the world?
- Other stakeholders involved
- Sanctions hazard perception
This course is designed for:
- Relationship managers, client-facing or back office roles who deal with customer interactions or payments in a business affected by sanctions compliance.
- Compliance practitioners new to, or who may become involved with sanctions compliance.
- Those seeking an understanding of the role of sanctions in an international context
At the end of the course your understanding will be tested with a quiz and downloaded certificate of completion.
Whilst the GTA facilitates the training for ICA qualifications, you need to enrol online directly with the ICA. Scroll down when you reach this page and enter Guernsey when it asks ‘Where are you based?’ You can then follow the process to enrol.