There are three intakes a year for this course: March, July and September.
Sanctions are a crucial instrument in the international battle against financial crime proliferation, terrorism and human rights abuses. It’s a complex area and those who manage the risk need the right combination of knowledge, capabilities and behaviors to do so effectively.
You will learn:
- Global sanctions architecture – Sanctions in context
- How sanctions regimes are implemented
- Evolving scope of sanctions – A changing tool
- Sector-based sanctions
- Identifying higher risk jurisdictions and activities
- Transparency, control and ownership
- Licensing and permissible payments
- Management of global exposure to unilateral and regional sanctions
- Developing the control framework
- Sanctions screening
- Incident management and holding of sanctioned funds
- Sanctions lifting and roll back
You can request a copy of the full syllabus here.
The course is a mixture of guided online study and participation in live sessions:
- 2 x virtual classrooms
1 x immersive learning scenario (putting you at the centre of a story)
3 x tutorials (a chance to discuss elements of the course in more depth)
3 x assessment preparation sessions
- Videos covering the latest industry developments and case studies
- Access to the ICA members’ portal containing additional reading and resources
- Proactive support throughout the course to help you stay on track.
This course is suitable for mid-senior level professionals:
- Heads of Sanctions, Sanctions Managers and Sanctions Team Leaders
- MLROs, Compliance Managers, Financial Crime Managers and Risk Managers
- Accountants, Lawyers and Consultants
The course has been designed for those working in multiple industry sectors including international trade, transport, pharmaceuticals, maritime, software, oil and gas and financial services.
Course module and dates below;
Next enrolment date 25 September 2023
- Welcome & Getting Started Virtual Classroom - 29 September 2023 (09:30-10:30)
- Virtual Classroom 1 - 18 October 2023 (09:30-12:30)
- Group Tutorial 1 - 25 October 2023 (09:30-10:30)
- Assessment Preparation Session 1 - 14 November 2023 (09:30-10:30)
- Assessment 1a (MCQ) - 27 November - 01 December 2023
- Virtual Classroom 2 - 14 December 2023 (09:30-12:30)
- Group Tutorial 2 - 20 December 2023 (14:30-15:30)
- Assessment Preparation Session 2 - 29 January 2024 (09:30-10:30)
- Assessment 1b (MCQ) - 12-16 February 2024
- Assessment 2 (Assignment) - 26 February 2024 (results 19 April 2024)
- Immersive Scenario - 25 March 2024 (13:30-17:30)
- Group Tutorial 3 - 02 April 2024 (09:30-10:30)
- Assessment Preparation Session 3 - 29 April 2024 (09:30-10:30)
- Assessment 1c (MCQ) - 13-17 May 2024
- Assessment 3 (Assignment) - 27 May 2024 (results 09 August 2024)
ICA Diplomas are the ICA’s flagship qualifications, recognised globally as a benchmark of competence, and although they are designed for experienced professionals, they can also be undertaken by those who hold a degree or a few years’ experience and are looking to fain advanced skills and global recognition.
This course is assessed by three written assignments (3,000 to 3,500 words).
This qualification is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester and the course fee includes a printable certificate once you have completed the course.
Learners are required to have ONE of the following to begin this course:
A degree or professional qualification in an appropriate discipline; or
Attainment of an Ica International Advanced Certificate; or
Three years’ relevant work experience
A good level of written and spoken English is also required.
In order to study any ICA qualification you need to be a member of the ICA. If you’re not currently a member of the ICA, student membership costing £75 will be added to your basket during the online checkout process.
The ICA has five different levels of individual membership. Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is a level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
Whilst the GTA facilitates the training for ICA qualifications, you need to enrol online directly with the ICA. Scroll down when you reach this page and enter Guernsey when it asks ‘Where are you based?’ You can then follow the process to enrol.