According to the latest PwC Global Economic Crime and Fraud Survey, 47% of companies have experienced a fraud in the past 24 months with a total reported loss of US$42bn. Kristin Rivera, PwC Global Forensics Leader, has this to say “when it comes to preventing and tackling fraud, our research shows that a dollar invested now is worth twice as much when fraud hits.”
With the onset of the global recession and increasing levels of Covid19 related fraud, now is not the time to cut corners in your fraud risk management approach.
The ICA Advanced Certificate in Managing Fraud is designed to give you actionable, practical knowledge so that you can implement key fraud management strategies at your firm. You will get to grips with global anti-fraud frameworks, the mind and motivations of a fraudster as well as gain an understanding of what the future holds in this space.
Topics to be covered include:
- International context
- Global anti-fraud frameworks
- Understanding risks
- The 'Fraudster'
- Formulating an effective counter-fraud strategy
- Managing the response to fraud
- The future of fraud
This course is offered by International Compliance Association Commercial Services (ICA’s approved training provider). During the restrictions imposed by the Covid19 pandemic the ICA have made significant investments in technology and resources to create a new student experience – a blend of self-study, instructor-led virtual classroom dynamic discussions around live scenarios, topical reviews of industry events and bite-size videos. All designed to help you get the most out of the course, increase your chances of successes and take away the practical knowledge you need to think differently and perform better in your role.
- 6-month course assessed by 2 written assignments (2,000 to 2,50 words)
- A mixture of guided online study and participation in live sessions:
- 1 x virtual classroom – groups are limited to 36 students to maximise the study experience
- 1 x live, immersive learning scenario – a powerful experience putting you at the centre of a story, helping you bridge the gap between what you know and how you can apply that knowledge in your role
- 6 x monthly “in the spotlight” videos covering the latest industry developments
- Proactive support throughout the course to help you stay on track
It is recommended that you study 6-8 hours per week over the six month period.
You can request a copy of the full syllabus here.
The next course dates are as follows:
course content can be accessed from 25 October 2021
Group 1 - Module 1:
- Virtual Classroom 1 - 25 November 2021 (14:30-17:30)
- Assessment Preparation Session - 15 December 2021 (13:00-14:00)
- Assignment 1 - 24 January 2022 (results 18 March 2022)
Group 1 - Module 2:
- Immersive Scenario - 24 February 2022 (14:30-17:30)
- Group Tutorial - 3 March 2022 (13:00-14:00)
- Assessment Preparation Session - 24 March 2022 (13:00-14:00)
- Assignment 2 - 25 April 2022 (results 8 July 2022)
This course will enhance your knowledge and skills in fraud risk management and enable you to better manage the risk to your business.
It is suitable for:
- Fraud prevention and investigation officers
- Employees with responsibility for internal organisational fraud
- Internal audit and regulatory staff
- Law enforcement
- Individuals who have completed the ICA Certificate in Financial Crime Prevention
You will be assessed by means of two 2,000-2,500 word assignments – one during and one at the end of the course.
This course is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester and the course fee includes a printable certificate once you have completed the course.
This Advanced Certificate is open to anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in the discipline. The content of the course requires you to possess a sound educational background and good written English skills.
In order to study any ICA qualification you need to be a member of the ICA. If you are not currently a member of the ICA, membership will be added to your basket during checkout of your online enrolment.
There are five different levels of individual membership. Whether you are just starting out in your career, already hold an ICA qualification or are an experienced practitioner, there is level appropriate for you and this will be activated at the same time as your course commences.
Whilst the GTA facilitates the training for ICA qualifications, you need to enrol online directly with the ICA. Scroll down when you reach this page and enter Guernsey when it asks ‘Where are you based?’ You can then follow the process to enrol.