This course provides an invaluable resource for any professional working, or looking to work, in the funds profession, as well as lawyers, auditors and accountants, compliance professionals, IT developers and those in the banking and trust sector.
Students of this course typically include:
- Professionals working in investment funds, fund administration and financial services.
- Those working in the private banking and wealth management industry.
- Lawyers, auditors, accountants, compliance professionals, IT developers and those working in trusts.
- Provides a detailed insight into the regulatory landscape in Guernsey.
- This course helps professionals understand the regulations in the specific jurisdictions that they work in/with.
- It is delivered fully online and delegates can access the material whenever and wherever they wish over a 12-month period.
- The course has been created in conjunction with Will Morgan (Managing Director) and Victoria Le Poidevin (Senior Manager) from Offshore Consulting Limited.
Following this course you will learn about:
- The role and remit of the Guernsey Financial Services Commission (GFSC) including the following laws impacting the whole finance sector:
- The Criminal Justice (Proceeds of Crime) (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law
- The Cyber Security Rules and Guidance 2021
- The Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2020
- Authorised funds and the Rules applicable to them including:
- The Authorised Collective Investment Schemes (Class A) Rules 2008
- The Authorised Collective Investment Schemes (Class B) Rules and Guidance 2021
- Collective Investment Schemes (Qualifying Professional Investors Funds) (Class Q) Rules and Guidance 2021
- The Authorised Closed-Ended Investments Schemes Rules and Guidance 2021
- Registered funds and the Rules applicable to them, including:
- The Registered Collective Investment Scheme Rules 2018
- Prospectus Rules 2018
- Private Investment Fund Rules and Guidance 2021
- Guernsey Green Fund Rules 2021
- The Licensees (Conduct of Business) rules and Guidance 2021
- The Finance Sector Code of Corporate Governance
- Outsourcing of functions by entities licensed under the Protection of Investors (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2020
This course is delivered through an online learning platform, providing you with twelve months’ access to bespoke, interactive course material written by an industry expert. There is no formal assessment for this course, allowing you to study and learn at your own pace and refer back to the content as and when needed for the purpose of practice. There are 30 nominal hours of study recommended for this course.
This CPD Module offers a detailed insight into the regulatory landscape in Guernsey, reviewing some of the essential laws, rules and regulations with which funds must comply and guidance issued by the local regulator.