This CPD module uses real life case studies to explore the concepts, regulatory landscapes and key features of ESG funds, and how they differ from non-ESG funds.
This module has been designed for those who are relatively new to the financial services/asset management industry or more experienced practitioners who want to refresh their core knowledge.
Students of this course typically include:
- Investment/asset/fund managers
- Fund administrators
- Accounting or finance graduates
- Company Secretaries
- Compliance professionals
- Support staff for custodians, banks or trusts.
On completion of this module you will be able to:
- Be introduced to the concept of ESG and SRI
- Explore the history of Corporate Social Responsibility and the global events that led to the emergence of ESG
- Learn the key administrative and regulatory differences between ESG and non-ESG funds
- Consider the benefits and downsides of ESG investing strategies, as well as the current trends in this area
- Explore the regulatory landscape in the UK, the US and Europe, in particular the influence of the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation on the fund industry
- Be introduced to the term Greenwashing and how to spot it in practice
This course is delivered through an online learning platform, providing you with twelve months’ access to bespoke, interactive course material written by an industry expert. There is no formal assessment for this course, allowing you to study and learn at your own pace and refer back to the content as and when needed for the purpose of practice. There are 1-2 nominal hours of study recommended for this course.
Purchase of the CPD module includes access to the recording of our Q&A webinar with Rebecca Craddock-Taylor, director of Sustainable Investment at Gresham House and Jennifer Strachan, Sustainability and business Development Manager at IAM Advisor chaired by Victoria Le Poidevin, Director at Offshore Limited.
Once you have completed the CPD module, you will be issued with a certificate of completion.
This CPD module is designed for professionals working in the financial services/asset management industry and provides a detailed insight into one of the key global trends of 2021, ESG Investing.