This foundation programme is an important start to the IoD qualification pathway and has been designed to support the next wave of talent in Guernsey. The IoD Introductory Certificate in Board Readiness is suitable for any manager or leader that is responsible for reporting to a Board, or who aspires to be a director in the future.
Day 1: 26 November 2020 (09:00-17:00 includes lunch)
The Role of the Board
- Understanding corporate governance
- The roles and responsibilities of the director
- The purpose and structure of the board
- The board’s financial responsibilities
- Accounting principles and financial statements
- Financial reporting
Day 2: 27 November 2020 (09:00-17:00 includes lunch)
- Defining strategy
- The strategy making process
- Strategic analysis
- Formulating strategy
- Strategy development and implementation
- Leaders and followers
- You as a leader
- Culture, values and ethics
Day 3: 15 December 2020 (09:00-17:00 includes lunch)
Director Mind-Set Workshop
- Importance of Values: An exploration of why values are important and a self-discovery values exercise
- Positive Conflict: A look at how to identify areas in the business that need to be changed, accountability and intelligent questioning
- A discussion on what effective goals look like, why goals fail and the importance of communication in keeping goals alive
- A look at value proposition and how to understand the results an organisation is producing
IoD Members £1,750
This programme is designed to support your transition into the role and mind-set of a boardroom director, deepening your understanding of the strategic responsibilities and practical skills required of board members.
The programme commences with a two-day workshop, taught by experienced IoD tutors, which brings to life key issues that boardrooms face today and provides the necessary skills, knowledge and support to be a success, driving forward the future of your business.
This is followed by a one-day director mind-set workshop delivered by Executive Coach Chris Atkinson, which examines the importance of personal values, positive conflict, effective goals and understanding an organisation’s results.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s) Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.