In this course, you will learn the skills to enable you to use the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language to simplify or automate activities and tasks using Microsoft Office applications. The course covers examples in; Excel 2016 – 2019, Word 2016 – 2019, Outlook 2016 – 2019, PowerPoint 2016 – 2019.
Please Note: Microsoft Excel 2016 is used as the primary application during the course for demonstration purposes.
Module 1: VBA overview
Objects, Dimensions, Loops, and Decisions
Module 2: Connecting to data
Understanding connections, importing data, coding the Power Query
Module 3: Data Preparation
Importance of data preparation, data preparation techniques
Module 4: Visualise data
Report building with tables, graphs, and charts
Module 5: Analyse data
Introduction to Pivot reports, building a PivotTable, and creating the PivotChart
Module 6: Reporting the results
Introduction to external libraries – PowerPoint, Outlook, and the FileSystemObject
- Overview of the VBA Essentials
- Connecting to external data
- Preparation of datasets
- Develop charts and build data visuals
- Analyse data with Pivots
- Reporting the results in other MS applications
- You have attended the QA course Introduction to VBA in Office 2016 – 2019 or have equivalent knowledge
- Able to write macros which include variable declarations with appropriate scope, intrinsic functions, decision-making structures and repeating code actions
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications 2016 – 2019 (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Understand how to create Charts and PivotTables and apply filters and sorting to data sets
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.