At the GTA University Centre, we are a small, dynamic team of 15 and every member of the team has a key role to play in the work we do to help ensure a highly skilled workforce for the Bailiwick. We pride ourselves on delivering high-quality service for our clients and delegates and there is nothing more rewarding than receiving positive feedback.
Tony Horscroft of Sequent, a provider of worldwide and market leading wealth planning, structuring, and administration services, was a recent delegate on the IoD Certificate and Diploma in Company Direction Programme, and kindly took the time to provide his thoughts on his experience at the GTA University Centre.
"I wanted to take the opportunity to provide some feedback on the exceptional levels of service offered by Michelle Morley and her team at the GTA University Centre.
"I have been working within the Guernsey finance industry for over 20 years and have certainly been using the services of GTA in various forms over that long period. I thought however it was necessary to publicly share a recent 12-18-month perspective of my experience.
"During this rather exceptional ‘COVID’ period, the team at GTA have been an absolute credit to Guernsey in regard to the facilitation and provision of training solutions to (in my case) the Finance industry.
"I wanted to take the opportunity just to list ‘some’ of the ‘extra mile’ levels of service Michelle and her team have provided.
• The personal home delivery of pre coursework materials during COVID restrictions.
• The facilitation of virtual training delivery solutions.
• The extremely professional handling of course related queries, that on many occasions led to acting as a conduit with third party agencies.
• The thorough and consistent excellent communication channel maintained with course attendees (especially in my case through the last 6-month period of the IOD certificate course).
• The efficient and always friendly conduct of the staff over the telephone and (when in attendance) in person. I also would add that Nathan Langlois was exceptional in his work in the facilitation of various beverages for the more sociable ‘after course events’, always with a smile. Organising such events is an excellent ice breaker for attendees / cohort members, well done GTA!
• Also, I must mention one of the more significant contributions in my mind was the facilitation of exam rooms for computer-based course exams. This was very beneficial for those of us who prefer a more formal exam surrounding, again handled with excellent care and attention.
"I’m sure I can think of further examples but will stop there."
Our Chief Executive, Simon Le Tocq, reflected on a pivotal period for the GTA:
“I would like to thank Tony for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. I am fortunate to work with such a great team here at the GTA and it is great to see their hard work and professionalism recognised. COVID-19 was a real challenge for us but the team did brilliantly - moving quickly to convert our face to face training into a virtual format and we continue to explore possibilities here looking to open up our training to a wider audience. The team are passionate about what we do and Tony’s feedback shows just how well they work together – I am very proud of them."
Whether you’re looking for opportunities to further advance your career or are keen to discuss a new course you’d be interesting in attending at the GTA University Centre, you can contact our team via email at [email protected] or call us on 721555