This Effective Business Writing course is for those who want to develop their communication skills across a range of written business communications.
Why is good written communication so important?
- Impact on productivity, time management and ‘customer’ confidence when communication is unclear
Types of written communications in the workplace:
- What are the kind of documents being produced in organisations?
- Common themes and good practice
Understand the needs of your audience:
- Who is the audience for your communication?
- Tailoring your communication to meet the expectations of recipients
Planning what you want to say:
- What? When? Who? Why? How?
- The five ‘C’ s of good written communication
- Getting the right tone
- Plain English and the “fog index”
Why email communications need extra attention:
- Good practice and routines in managing and writing emails
- Understanding the ‘psychology’ of the email
Reviewing and checking your work for accuracy:
- A strategy to proof read communications
- Common grammatical and spelling errors
Good communication, both internal and external, makes a significant difference to productive and effective organisations. Clarity in communication at all levels conveys the values and priorities of an organisation. This course will consider a range of documents produced in a business environment, including reports, emails and memorandums, and will provide guidance and tips on best practice. A recent analysis of communication in the workplace, oral or written, has noted that around 70% of communication today is via email and we will look at good practice in this important area of the working day.
You will gain:
- Greater awareness of the features of effective business communications
- Further skills in writing for business in a timely and professional fashion
- Confidence in managing their writing skills
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.