This half-day course will provide practical tools to help build confidence in a supportive and friendly manner, using a variety of interactive conversational exercises. With the aim to establish both a supportive group environment and an achievable personal strategy to develop more confidence.
- Uncovering beliefs about confidence and confident people
- Does confidence come from nature or nurture?
- The truth about confidence and gender
- Appreciating confidence is situational
- Recognising how our own bodies react to nerves and how to overcome them
- How to stretch out of our comfort zones safely
- Looking at our attitudes to failure
- Drawing on the body’s wisdom to develop confidence
- Developing a practical personal strategy to build confidence
Typically women cite lack of confidence as a major factor holding them back, while men are often criticised for being over confident. In reality both are unconscious stereotypes which can influence our behaviour in the workplace.
In this course we debunk some of the confidence myths about gender to show we all have confidence in certain areas of our lives. That confidence itself is situational and with a bit of practise we can learn the skills to bring more of our naturally confidence and authentic selves to the situations where we need it most.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.