Very few executives receive formal training on making decisions – yet their choices dictate the future of their organisations.
This course is for anyone carrying the burden of responsibility, authority or accountability for making big decisions.
Big decisions are tough. It is far easier to procrastinate, say ‘no’ or avoid making any decision, in the face of
- Evaluation apprehension.
- Heavy scrutiny.
- The burden of accountability.
- Perceived risk.
- Fear of change.
- Ill-defined processes.
This course will lead you through the process of making decisions, whether those decisions are for you individually, your team or the organisation as a whole:
Session 1:Introduction - 23 May 2023
- The nature of big decisions
- How we think
- Big decisions for individuals
Session 2:Team - 6 June 2023
- Coloured Thinking
- Using The Lewis Method
Session 3:Organisation - 20 June 2023
- The four types of decision
- Generating options and evaluation
This course provides clear, simple methodologies that can be applied to your decision-making. On completion of the course, you will be able to:
At Individual Level
- Identify your source of authority
- Learn strategies for effective personal decisions
- Undertake practice exercises for your learning log
As a team
- Explore ‘below the water-line’ to reveal the key issues
- Gain consensus, but not at the expense of challenge
- Learn how to deal with conflict
As an organisation
- Identify different types of decision
- Stay on-track with a clear, decision-making process
- Employ two key tools in the art of strategic decision making
There will be some light pre-course activity before attending, a workbook for the course, and a learning log provided to support individual and group learning.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.