This two-day course is designed for those new to an accounting role or for those who simply need to refresh their bookkeeping skills. The course is designed to provide you with a sound knowledge of bookkeeping, enabling you to return to your office and immediately apply the skills learned.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Purpose of Financial Statements
- Users of Financial Statements
- Form of Financial Information
- Fundamental Accounting
- The Capital Equation
- Capital v Revenue
- Books of Prime Entry
- Ledger Accounting
- The Trial Balance
- The flow of information into the Final Accounts
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Bad Debts, Fixed Assets and Depreciation
- Bank Reconciliations
- Suspense Accounts
- Limited Company Accounts
- An overview of the Quick Books accounting software.
By attending this course you will:
- Be introduced to the purpose and format of financial statements
- Be guided through the process of bookkeeping from the recording of transactions to trial balance
- Be shown how to prepare a simple set of accounts from a trial balance.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.