Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is a set of principles that assist a firm in becoming socially responsible.Applied across a number of industries, its popularity has grown rapidly, with an ESG framework now considered essential for many businesses.
Embedding ESG in your organisation helps identify risks and opportunities, maintain regulatory compliance, gain the trust of stakeholders, invite investment and attract and retain talent.
This timely short course, written by subject matter experts, will help you:
- Understand ESG and its importance globally;
- Apply key lessons learned from those firms neglecting ESG;
- Identify where ESG fits within your organisation, and
- Develop best practice to promote strong ESG engagement.
You will study this course in your own time and at your own pace, and you have up to 1 month to complete it.
The course covers:
- How does ESG work?
- Where does ESG sit within a business?
- Business benefits
- Current position audit
- Metrics and reporting
- Horizon scanning
- Bringing ESG to life
On completing this course, you will understand key ESG concepts, as well as how to explain them to your colleagues. You’ll also discover the steps required to embed ESG within your firm. This course is ideal for
- Professionals who work with investors or those looking to make investments themselves.
- Those who work within compliance who wish to know more about ESG.
At the end of the course your understanding will be tested with a quiz and you will be awarded a certificate of completion once the course is complete.
Whilst the GTA facilitates the training for ICA qualifications, you need to enrol online directly with the ICA. Scroll down when you reach this page and enter Guernsey when it asks ‘Where are you based?’ You can then follow the process to enrol.