This is a practical, introductory-level qualification that will give you a solid understanding of core money laundering and terrorist financing risks. The course is suitable for operational or front-line staff as well as those considering embarking on a new career in AML as a stepping-stone for study at a higher level.
The course has been designed for those who need to understand the fundamentals of the subject area and recognise key issues, particularly relating to risk.
You will study this course in your own time and at your own pace, and you have up to 3 months to complete it.
You will learn:
- Understanding money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions
- Vulnerabilities of financial institutions to money laundering and terrorist financing
- Anti money laundering and combating terrorist financing in practice
- Anti money laundering and combating terrorist financing – legal and regulatory structures
- Management obligations and the risk-based approach to money laundering and terrorist financing
You can request a copy of the full syllabus here.
The course has a practical focus and is most relevant to:
- Staff with specific anti money laundering duties
- All staff working in financial services who want an introduction to anti money laundering
- Anyone who aspires to a career in anti money laundering or fraud prevention
You will gain a practical understanding of the threats posed by criminal activity through money laundering and terrorist financing and learn how to take measures to combat these threats.
At the end of the course you will be assessed by means of a one hour multiple choice exam that is taken online.
This qualification is awarded in association with Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester and the course fee includes a printable certificate once you have completed the course.
The content of the course requires you to possess a sound educational background and good written English skills.
In order to study any ICA qualification you need to be a member of the ICA. The fee for ICA Affiliate Membership for one year is £75 payable to ICA and includes your assessment and access to invaluable knowledge resources that will help with your course as well as many other member benefits and services. You can apply for membership at the same time as you enrol for a course.
Whilst the GTA facilitates the training for ICA qualifications, you need to enrol online directly with the ICA. Scroll down when you reach this page and enter Guernsey when it asks ‘Where are you based?’ You can then follow the process to enrol.