Designed for newly appointed directors or those working towards the role, this course is also suitable for compliance officers to assist in their awareness of directors’ responsibilities.
This course provides details of the roles and responsibilities of a Guernsey director and equips you with the knowledge of how to remain fit and proper, and exercise independent judgement, whilst remaining aware of the required duties and the risks faced.
Topics covered will include:
- Selection and appointment of a director
- Legal duties and responsibilities of a director
- Personal liabilities
- The role of corporate governance
- Board effectiveness
- Board evaluations
- A director’s role in compliance
- Training requirements for a director
- Succession planning
- Non-executive directors and their role on the Board
- Resignation of a director
- Recent penalties
After attending the course, you will:
- Have gained the knowledge of how a director should undertake their duties effectively and efficiently
- Understand director responsibilities
- Be mindful of the risks associated with being a director
- Be equipped to comply with statutory & regulatory obligations in relation to the role of a director
- Be aware of the importance of compliance requirements
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.