Join us to find out how you can start on the pathway to achieving Chartered Director status. Chartered Director is the professional qualification for directors and recognises the high standards and capabilities that are needed for ensuring that the profession of ‘director’ is understood and placed at the heart of organisational life.
There will be a short presentation by IoD Guernsey and the GTA and then you will have the opportunity to speak with local Chartered Directors to find out more. Tea, coffee and sandwiches will be provided and there is no charge to attend. Please let us know in advance by booking a place if you would like to attend however so that we know numbers for catering.
The event is from 12:30-13:30 but registration with tea, coffee and sandwiches will be available from 12:00 noon.
The Chartered Director qualification is an experience-based assessment. It requires you to evidence how you work within the context of your board, how you use your knowledge and skills to the benefit of the organisation and how you discharge your duties as a director.
The qualification comprises three stages which assess your practical experience as a director:
- Overview of experience
- Formal interview conducted by two Chartered Director assessors
To be able to apply for the Chartered Director qualification you must have obtained a pass or above in both the IoD Certificate and Diploma in Company Direction in the last 10 years.
You must also be able to demonstrate:
- Substantial experience in one or more director or equivalent roles for a period of three full years during the last ten years
- For each directorship, that the board is autonomous and formally constituted, and comprises at least three directors – executive and non-executive
- That you participate in regular board meetings – at least four a year, with two or more other directors
- That you work for an organisation that has a minimum of five employees and generates a minimum turnover of £250,000 per annum
If you would like to book a place at this event please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this event at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.